Drawn Together - Chapter 5 (Final)

Warning: This is an AU fanfiction, and very rusty writing.

If you're fine with it then I hope you enjoy!

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Soraru sat by the infirmary bed, not knowing what to say. His breath was taken away, he was speechless. He wanted to see him smile, which he managed, and he just couldn't seem to take his eyes off of him. He suddenly felt as if he already knew Mafu since a long time ago.

It was really likely of him to smile at every single simple and minor things he did for him, he thought for a second there. How did he come to that conclusion? He didn't know.

He just... knew.

"Are you not going to eat it?" Soraru asked after a while. Mafu had been admiring the cup of pudding he bought for him ever since he placed it on his palms. This would be sudden, but he couldn't help but find him extremely adorable. His every action was comparable to a tiny bunny, careful and wary, but excited at the same time. His eyes sparkled when his favourite thing was right before him.

Again, it was going to sound weird, but he felt that Mafu would easily feel lonely when someone was not by his side. He shouldn't make assumptions, but that was just Soraru giving Mafu an image of a white, fluffy, baby bunny.

"... It'd be a waste if I ate it," Mafu turned to look at Soraru with eyes filled with sadness, and then looked back at his cup of pudding.

"Why is that?" asked Soraru, the question made Mafu turn back to him. He pouted. Heavens, did he just pout at him? Please, this was too much.

"This milk pudding," he started. "Is the reason why we met, and the first thing Soraru-san bought for me. I couldn't possibly eat it,"

Soraru fought the urge to roll his eyes at the statement, he pushed it back down. He found the statement slightly dumb, but what he just said was so cute, it became one of the reasons why he was feeling all fluffy and warm inside. Like marshmallows placed into a cup of hot chocolate drink.

"... But it's going to expire eventually,"

"I hate that you're right about this,"

"That's because I am,"

Mafu pouted at him again, clearly unsatisfied at the fact that he was right, and that he should eat it now when it was still fresh and new. He looked at the pudding sadly again, but his hand moved to tear the plastic seal of the packaging. Soraru helped him with the tiny spoon and handed it to him, taking the plastic seal from his hand and throwing it into the rubbish bin beside the nightstand.

Soraru watched intently as Mafu brought the pudding into his mouth with the spoon he just passed him. He didn't know why he got so nervous back then. Him smiling happily at each bite caught Soraru's breath in his throat. Soraru let Mafu take his time with his pudding, he tried distracting himself by staring at the wall clock, as long as his eyes were looking at anywhere but Mafu's lips.

It might just be Soraru's imaginations, but they seemed pretty lonely. And it was his pleasure to make up for it. But he was not going to do it.

He cleared his throat, forcing himself to stop fantasizing about him.

"Do you need anything else?"

"I don't think so," Mafu said after he took his last bite. Soraru took the empty cup from Mafu and threw it into the bin. He thanked him, smiling. "I wouldn't want to trouble you any further,"

"It's fine, you should really learn to rely on m-" Soraru stopped at his sentence, and then corrected himself, "Rely on people,"

"That's what my friend always tells me," said Mafu, twiddling with his thumbs now that he had nothing in his hands, as if trying to distract himself away from something.

Soraru didn't plan to push any further. It didn't seem appropriate to. He might have had a reason to not rely on someone else.

"Do you live at the dorms?" Soraru decided to change the subject.

Mafu shook his head.

"I live with my friend at an apartment not far away from here,"

"I see..."

And then they went back to silence again.

"Then I guess I'll get going," Soraru said, feeling awkward.

"Ah, um, yeah," Mafu looked away, down at his hands again. Soraru felt a little lonely by that reaction. He figured it was because of his awkward communication skills he had been working on for ages. Guess he had to work a little harder at it.

Soraru picked up his bag and slung it over one shoulder. He bid his goodbye and walked out of the room, at least he attempted to. Mafu held on his sleeves again like just now, not letting him leave. Soraru sighed, not because he was annoyed anything, but because the gesture was too... innocent, it killed him.

"Can I see you again?"

Soraru turned to stare at him. Of course they were. Soraru was not planning to leave him, at least not until he fully know every inch about Mafu. But it was hard for him to put it into words, to say it out loud.

So all he did was nod.

And Mafu grinned and let him go, waving his hands at him until he closes the door to the infirmary.

That idiot, he didn't even ask me for my contact number.

Then Soraru heard Mafu screamed about how he didn't get Soraru's number, and started crying pathetically at how stupid he was. Soraru was not able to keep in his laughter. He made a sound that went a little like "pfft," before he takes out a pen from his bag and wrote on his left palm.

Then he heard Mafu gasp, sounding shocked and amazed at the same time.

"Soraru-san? ... But how?" Mafu said.

Soraru stared at his own writing on his palm.

"Idiot, I'm not telling you my number until you come ask me after you feel better. Until then, let's talk like this,"

He smiled and slowly let out his breath.

"Hurry and realize what this means, Mafumafu,"

END

A/N: I never thought I would end it like this. Probably because all the ideas I have are not suitable for a school setting, and I'm really sorry it had to end like this. I initially started this series because of a friend who liked a soulmate AU, and the fact that I was inspired with a University AU when I was standing at the hallway in my school. But just the infirmary part took up the most of this series, making it seem like a beginning of something, and then you have a really bad writer who just ends it off of there. I hoped I could've written something better. :C
I'm sorry to people out there who likes soulmate AUs, I'll try my best in writing it next time if I got inspired again. Until then!

P/S: I'm starting on something new, and it isn't something I would normally write. I don't know if people would like it but I'll try your reactions by maybe updating the first chapter in a few days after this one is up. c: