Jealous? Maybe. (One-shot)

Warning: Short. Slightly inappropriate. Not proofread yet. Reader discretion is advised.

-

Mafu stared at the screen of his phone, and then back at the person standing behind the kitchen counter. The sound of the knife landing on the chopping board as the man cut up onions was really soothing but Mafu wasn't in the mood to feel all fluffy and warm inside. How could he put this nicely?

That's right. Mafu was jealous.

It would always be the other way round, where his lover was the one who gets all possessive and angry. But just for today, he could finally understand why his lover felt so edgy all the time. Mafu turned his head to look back at his screen again and pouted. He was very, very unsatisfied but still anyhow saved the photo into his phone. This feeling inside of him was constantly boiling into a new, higher temperature as he scrolled through the replies in his phone.

Unbearable, he exited the app and let out a deep sigh. It seemed to have caught the attention of the man who was busy stir-frying onions on a cooking pan.

"What is it, Mafumafu?"

Mafu glanced over at the man for a brief second then turned his body away from him to express how upset he was. One part of Mafu wanted him to notice, the other part of him didn't want that. He clearly knew how childish he was at the moment but he just couldn't help it. Jealousy is such a difficult emotion to bear.

The sizzling sound sudden intensifies when the man put in some sort of liquid onto the pan. Mafu didn't know what it was until he smelled something like milk. He supposed they were having carbonara for dinner tonight. No, Mafu didn't want to have dinner with him, not tonight, not when he was like this. He felt he was not in condition to face him so he stood up, grabbed Mafuteru, and locked himself in their bedroom.

"Mafumafu?!" his lover sounded shocked. Mafu could hear him put the cooking pan down, turning the stove off, and then his footsteps approaching their bedroom door. The man gently knocked on the door with his knuckles.

Tap, tap.

Mafu quickly grabbed his blanket and covered it over himself and Mafuteru.

"... Mafumafu, is something a matter?" he asked. Not only were his actions gentle, his voice was too. Mafu shook his head but knowing that he couldn't see it, he stopped. Mafu started sobbing and this got his lover worried. "Would you open the door for me?"

He was hesitant for a second, but this was their bedroom after all. He wouldn't want him to be sleeping on the couch in the living room tonight just because of his stubbornness. And with that, he turned the doorknob open. Mafu watched as the door swung open slowly, revealing only his lover with an apron over him standing in the hallway.

He lowered his head, refused to look at him.

"Mafumafu, what is wrong?" he took a step towards him. Mafu could feel his hands on his cheeks, trying to lift his face up. But Mafu stood his ground and attempted to not let him touch him, deciding to not give into his gentleness like how he always does.

"It's nothing, Soraru-san," he quickly added, wiping his tears away as he did.

"Were you crying?"

"No-" Before Mafu could say anything more, Soraru already pulled him into his arms. He felt Soraru's arms around him, holding onto him tightly.

"You were not like this just now... Did I do something wrong?" Soraru buried his face into Mafu's neck. His breath tickled his skin. Mafu felt his legs giving out so he reached around Soraru's back and held on. He felt Soraru nuzzled into the crane of his neck and his hands moved down to his lower back as he pulled Mafu closer when Mafu returned the hug, which Mafu found extremely adorable. "Talk to me, Mafumafu,"