Hunger (One-shot)

Warning: Unhealthy. AU.

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

One step at a time, I walked down the pedestrian walk that had a terrifying amount of people walking back and forth on, minding their own business as they made their way to their respective destinations.

Maybe it was because I was really taking my time, otherwise their shoulders wouldn't be bumping into mine all the time. They'd turn back to look at me, or worst of all, click their tongues before shouting at me to get a quick move on so that I wasn't in everyone's way.

But I couldn't let it get to me.

Once I made it across the road, I crouched down and let out a pathetic whimper as I held onto my stomach.

I was hungry.

But what was there to do when I couldn't possibly even get food?

Just when I thought I was going to die of hunger, someone spoke up to me.

"Hey,"

The voice had a really gentle ring to it and it immediately caught my attention.

"Are you okay?"

I looked up at the kind soul who decided to approach the likes of me. He blinked his eyes a couple of times before he hooked his hand under my elbow to pull me up.

"You're going to get in trouble if you stay here like this," he said as pulled me along with him, causing me to stumble on my feet. But he'd make sure he'd catch me whenever I do. "Didn't you have somewhere you were heading to?"

"... No, I don't," I said weakly. I put a hand over my stomach, not wanting to let him hear that it was growling really loudly due to hunger.

"... Are you hungry?"

I hesitated for a second, but I nodded.

"I'll fix you something to eat at my place if you want,"

I lifted my face up to look at him.

Was it alright for me to accept his offer?

"You would do that?"

"I was the one who couldn't mind his own business by picking you up off the ground," he smiled wryly. "It's the least I could do,"

If it was just a little bit, it'd be fine... Right?

-

"It's nothing much, but here you go,"

The man told me that he was Soraru, and that he couldn't just bring me to a family restaurant since he had something he needed to do for work at home. And here I was, at his place.

I was currently seated on his dining table with a bowl of what seemed like brown sauce with bits and pieces of yellow and oranges mixed in it.

"What's this...?" I asked.

"... Is it that bad to the extent you wouldn't know what this is...?" Soraru-san scratched the back of his head in a troubled manner. "It was supposed to be curry rice,"

"Curry?"

"Don't tell me-"

I shook my head.

He sighed.

"Eat," Soraru-san simply said and pushed the bowl at me before passing me a spoon.

I scooped a bite out of it and munched on it. It was before no time when the bowl was empty.