With You - Chapter 3

Warning: This is an AU fanfiction!

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

It was still early in the morning, but it was as if there was war going on in the castle. Maids running around with buckets of water and pieces of cleaning cloth, some rushing to go get table cloths, some getting a new set of curtains, and some of them were arranging flowers. Butlers were at the kitchen, making sure the cutleries were clean, and making sure that food preparation was going smoothly.

Soraru walked slowly down the hallways, watching everyone run around, busy with their own respective works. He looked over at the guards standing in their positions. The guards straightened their backs, waiting for Soraru's orders. Soraru only tilted his head slightly upwards, and as if they knew what Soraru meant, the guards immediately moved to another look-out spot.

There were still some troops he needed to teach about self-defense, so he took a step or two faster to the place of arms. The troops were already there, undergoing some training on their own by fighting against each other with wooden weapons.

Soraru walked towards them, picking up a wooden sword on his way, and raised it up above his head before he slashed down at the guard right in front of him. The guard turned towards Soraru in time, but was too shocked at Soraru's sudden attack, and fell onto the ground when the blow landed on his wooden spear. Soraru then adjusted his sword, slipping it right under the spear, and hit it off the guard's hold. The spear dropped on the ground near them with a loud "thunk".

Soraru then pointed his sword straight down at the guard below him, not allowing him to make another move.

"... Soraru-san!" Kashitarou let out a breath, pushing his hair back, sweat rolling down his forehead. He looked up at Soraru with his brown eyes filled with relief the moment he confirmed that he wasn't an enemy. "That wasn't very nice of you!"

"Never let your guard down, Kashitarou. How many times have I told you this?" Soraru whipped his wooden sword down, back at his side. He placed his hand on his hip, sighing at Kashitarou. "It's good that you're quick to reacting at sudden attacks though,"

"What's this? Soraru-san is complimenting me this early in the morning-"

"But you're lacking strength on your arms, Kashitarou," added Soraru as he put out his hand at Kashitarou, offering him a hand to stand back up on his feet. "Work on it,"

"As expected of Soraru-san!" Kashitarou laughed heartily, and took Soraru's hand, gripping onto it firmly, pulling himself up with Soraru's help, not forgetting to go pick his spear up after that. He made his way to Soraru's side, and draped his arm over Soraru's shoulders. "Is it okay for you to be here?"

"Yeah, I have some time to come teach a thing or two to the greens," Soraru said as he took out his pocket watch from his breast pocket, took a quick glance at it before putting it back in again.

"You didn't have to, I could teach them for you," Kashitarou frowned at Soraru, and then as if he remembered something, he called out to the troops to proceed at their training before he got back to Soraru. "You should go take a nap or something, anything at all, as long as you closed your eyes for more than ten seconds,"

Soraru turned to look at Kashitarou. He was upset again, but if he were him, Soraru would be pretty upset too.

He lifted his arm, and it was his turn to drape his arm over Kashitarou's shoulders. Kashitarou was pulled down slightly to Soraru's height, causing him to lose his balance for a second there. He looked at Soraru, and he might have thought Soraru would say 'no', because the next thing Soraru said made him widen his eyes, and caused him to smile widely at him.