Enticed - Chapter 1

Warning: An R-18 AU fan fiction.

Proceed with caution 

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

A shrill scream filled with terror pierced through the cold, quiet night, along with the sound of bells jingling.

Yet, there was no one who came rushing to see what the whole commotion was.

Well, even if they had sensitive hearing, it would become useless if they were dead drunk and asleep in the tavern.

The man, whose feline-like ears laid flat on the top of his head, was shaking in fear. He pushed and kicked his injured legs frantically as he slowly moved backwards into the dark alley, until his back touched the wall behind him. Bloodstains could be seen here and there on the ground and it was going to be a pain to clean up.

"I went out of my way to cut off the tendons to your ankles so that you would stay still," I let out an annoyed sigh before I rubbed the side of my temples to calm down the pain in my head when I imagined how much extra work I would have to see through after this. I pushed my hand back to scratch the back of my head with frustration before I added, "It was supposed to be a quiet and quick death, Lord Malcolm,"

"Please...! I'll do anything you want! You can have anything! Just let me go!" Lord Malcolm shouted in desperation as he put up his trembling hands at me, a gesture to put me on halt. I looked down at his groveling state, letting him run his mouth as he pleased. "T-The fact that you were sent after me by them would mean that you know how influential I am, right?!"

"So what if I do?" I sighed again and crouched down so that we were at the same eye level.

"I-I can give you all the women you want, economical powers, money-!" his ears perked up a little when he saw that I was giving him a chance, and as if he just thought of a good idea, his ears pointed up at the night sky. "Y-Yes, money! I'll give you five times more than what they paid you! How about that?"

I stared at him with boredom in my eyes before I straightened my back again. I positioned the bell at the shackle around my neck on the side of my forefinger and held it still with my thumb. The man before me started panting even more heavily as he sensed a change in the air around me.

"Is money really all you nobles can talk about?" I said with a monotonous voice.

It wasn't exactly a question. But the pathetic piece of trash here thought it was and tried his utmost best to explain himself and came up with another pointless offer.

"If- If money is not what you want then just tell me what you want! I'll give you any-"

"How about I help you shut up with all that nonsense already?" I said as my patience ran out. He was clearly looking down on me.

"Wait! Please- No!"

I gave the bell a light push with my thumb. The bell let out a jingle that sounded loud and clear despite overlapping with the dying screams of a man who had the sharp end of a dagger pierce through the back of his throat.

Blood flowed out of the man's mouth. He gagged and trembled, eyes opened widely as they stared up at me with pain and despair. It was as if they were asking me, "why?"

I pulled the dagger out and went in with another stab into his chest, right into a vital organ. It was only when his body fell forward lifelessly that I retrieved my dagger by pushing his body off with my foot and swung it downwards, letting the blood splatter across the ground. I glared with disgust at the body that laid still by my feet.