Mine - Chapter 10

Warning: Mostly of it would be in a first-person perspective!

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

It was cold.

"... Mm...?"

I put my arms out, patting around the bed with my hands, as if I was looking for something. Panic rose in me, my mind went blank, my breathing started turning ragged. I pushed my upper body up, and looked around the bed but saw no one.

"Sowawu-san...?" I muttered his name, my tongue not seeming to function efficiently, making it hard for me to pronounce Soraru-san's name properly. I lifted the pillows up to see if he was hiding under them. Did he leave me again? Was everything that happened last night a dream after all?

I held onto the blankets to cover my body, and tried getting down from the bed, but I couldn't. I fell down from the bed instead, and was now face flat on the ground. I sat up with both my feet tucked underneath me, and I cried. I called out his name again, and again, until I heard heavy footsteps running towards the room I was in.

"Mafumafu?!"

It was Soraru-san. He was standing at the doorway with only a pair of sweatpants on, his dark hair looking like a bird's nest, his eyes widened due to shock. He sounded really worried. I was too, I thought I lost him again, even though I promised to myself yesterday that I would never let go again.

"Sowawu-saaaaaaaaaaaaaaan..." I wailed. I stretched my arms out at him, reaching for him, and he came to me right away. He immediately got down to his knees, and put his arms around me.

I held onto him, burying my face into his shoulder. With one of his hands supporting me on the back, and his other under my knee, he scooped me up from the floor with ease. He gently put me down on his bed, but I was scared that he would leave, so I didn't let go of him.

"Mafumafu, what is it?" he asked, his voice soft and gentle. He placed a hand on the back of my head, caressing my hair gently.

"I- I thought I lost Sowawu-san..." I said through my hiccups, my arms tightening around him. My voice sounded really bad, it was all hoarse and cracked. "I was really scared that I-"

Soraru-san leaned in to drop a feather light kiss on my lips, not wanting me to say any more. Then as if he hadn't had enough, he leaned down again for another, grazing on my lips until he was satisfied. He pulled away, smiling down sadly at me as I struggled to breathe, still sobbing pathetically. He closed back in to me, and kissed me over my throat. I stared at him, confused.

"Does it hurt a lot?"

I was about to shake my head, but I changed my mind. I sniffled and nodded, causing him to frown. He kissed me on the forehead.

"I'll go get you water,"

I tightened my hold around him.

"Mafumafu,"

"No,"

"... Mafumafu,"

"No..."

I continued protesting but he said he wanted to hear me call his name cutely with my voice again, so he needed to get me that water even if it meant carrying me all the way to the kitchen for it.

"And that's not a very good idea either. I don't want to hurt you anymore than this,"

He was right. It was a horrible idea because my hips hurt, and I would love to keep my movements as minimal as possible. I pouted, upset at the fact that he was right. I slowly loosened my hold around him.