With You - Chapter 5

Warning: This is an AU fanfiction!

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Mafumafu stayed trapped in Soraru's arms for quite some time, not being able to move. He was stunned.

He didn't know what just happened to him. When Soraru suddenly looked at him like that, he thought he was drowning in those deep ocean blue eyes of his, and his ability to think was gone. Soraru never said a thing, but for some reason, Mafumafu knew what he wanted. His throat was dry, he was parched, and he knew he wasn't thirsty for water.

It was him he wanted.

He wondered if it was because of the way Soraru looked at him that was part of the reason to all of the things that happened to him. When he was under Soraru's gaze, he could feel his body temperature rising, his blood would run to his face at high velocity. He never felt anything of the sort before, and it was as if his body wasn't his anymore.

He couldn't believe that Soraru did all these unconsciously. It would trouble him if it were true. He felt attacked, not physically but emotionally and mentally, and it felt a lot worse than having scars on his body.

He was aware that he softens up every time in Soraru's presence, letting his guard down towards his enemy, and it certainly bothered him so much, he would constantly have to remind himself to snap out of it. An assassin shouldn't be giving in so easily to anyone but it just wasn't easy with Soraru for heaven knows what reason.

But even though Soraru might be the cause to all of Mafumafu's problems, he thought that he felt at ease at the same time every time he was with him. He was scared, of course. He might get himself in danger if someone from the organisation knows how he was behaving, and how the mission was still not accomplished after so many days, or he might get killed by the people in the castle for the attempt of assassinating the King, but he couldn't bring himself to stop.

He enjoyed listening to Soraru tell him stories if he asked for it, and he would stay quiet the entire time listening to him. His stories were based on what he saw when he was out for an errand on foreign lands, and they were full of things that Mafumafu had never heard of before in the slums. It just simply fascinates him, but he never showed it to Soraru, or at least he tried to not let it show on his face.

Sometimes he wished that the time would stop so that he could be with Soraru like this, even if it was just a little while longer.

They were so close, and when he thought that they were going to cross the line as he felt his breath against his lips, Soraru stopped himself. It was not long before he felt something warm touch the top of his head even though it was just for a brief moment, and the warmth took away his strength.

Mafumafu then felt Soraru snake his arms around his waist, and pulled his body towards him. His face was pressed up against Soraru's shoulder, and then he felt weight on his head. He felt Soraru nudge him gently on the top of his head, and all Mafumafu could do was stay still.

Soraru said something, but Mafumafu didn't manage to catch it. He was too preoccupied by the sound of someone's heart beating loudly, but he wasn't sure who it belonged to, Soraru's or his?

He heard Soraru let out another heavy sigh.

"... This really isn't the time for me to do this..." he muttered, sounding annoyed.

Mafumafu lifted his fist and punched him lightly on the chest again. Soraru then let out a troubled laugh.

"Don't take it on yourself, it's me I'm mad at," Soraru explained and went into silence again. Mafumafu could feel Soraru's arms tighten around him. "I'm sorry,"