With You - Chapter 2

Warning: This is an AU fanfiction!

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

He dropped himself off the top of the wall, and down onto the ground below him, crouching immediately after so that he does not hurt his knees. He quickly moved so that no one would notice his presence, and climbed the nearest wall up to the beams of the ceiling. He stood up at the beams, carefully walking on it on tiptoes.

He was here last night to fulfill his mission, but he failed. Then again, it might be wrong to assume that Mafu had failed his mission. He hadn't even got the chance to initiate because he couldn't even find his target.

The higher-ups in his association gave him this one important task, saying that the ruler of their country now was nothing but a foolish King, and he needed to be eliminated so that a better person could lead. The higher-ups also seemed to already have a candidate in mind.

To be frank, Mafu had not a single care of who deserved to be King. It was going to be the same out at the slums anyway. What gave his higher-ups the rights to say when all of them didn't know what exactly was happening in the country? Having him go through so much trouble just for their satisfaction, what was he doing, really? He always wondered why he still remained in the group.

... He supposed there were a ton of reasons why.

Mafu's eyes widened at what he was seeing when he brought himself back to reality. It seemed he unconsciously made his way towards the garden in the castle again; the place he was at last night, where he encountered a guard.

And speak of the devil, there the man stood, standing at where he was last night when Mafu jumped over the walls behind the garden. The man had his hood on, so Mafu couldn't quite tell what facial expression had the guard put on, but he gave Mafu a feeling that he was waiting for someone.

Last night, when Mafu jumped on him, and knocked his hood back, revealing his pure white skin, black hair, and deep, dark sapphire blue eyes, it took the breath out of Mafu. It felt as if he could drown in his eyes as it reminded him of the first time he saw the ocean by the seashore at night when he was younger. And the man's voice was definitely not what a human would have, because how could he make Mafu's heart waver in mere seconds with just a few exchanges of word? Him, Mafumafu, the infamous great assassin who had done good and bad deeds for various people?

He was honestly the person who Mafu would least love to encounter at the moment, not after what happened last night.

The man turned his head to look at Mafu's direction, and Mafu flinched visibly at him.

"Are you here to kill the King again?" he asked, his voice echoed down the hall.

Mafu didn't know if he should respond to his question. It was already unlikely of him to be talking to other people during a mission, and to even let the guard put his dagger away, and not to mention, touch him too! Thinking about it made Mafu feel frustrated as he was mad at himself for being so mindless and careless, he felt the need to punch himself.

He decided to ignore the guard. It was best to be wary around the likes of him. Mafu continued walking on the beams, lowering his body as the ceiling got lower. He tried to see if there was a way to another building in this heavenly huge castle that must shape like a maze since Mafu still got lost even though it was his fourth time in here.

The guard then slowly moved to turn his body towards him, and chuckled.

"You're choosing to ignore me?"