That's not fair (One-shot)

Warning: Attempted fluff. It's been a while since I've written something.

Dedicated to @iwantmelon (6th of December) and the rest of the December babies even though it's already January. Happy new year!

When Mafu first met him in person, he looked like the stars that were hung high up in the dark, clear sky of the night; sparkling the brightest in his eyes. He was the person he admired the most for all his life until one day Mafu realized that his feelings could no longer be called as 'admiration', because he knew it was love.

Mafu did not believe it at first, always telling himself that he was just thinking a little too much into things, but his heart told him otherwise. He started to feel more conscious of his appearance, actions, and even words when he was with Soraru. But he still tried convincing himself that it was just because he 'admired' him.

He says this but every time Soraru needed to leave, he would instantly feel lonely as Soraru's presence meant a lot to him. He enjoyed the times when Soraru was with him, and sad when Soraru wasn't. He started missing him when he and Soraru couldn't meet due to work. He wanted to call or text him to see if Soraru was properly eating, but he couldn't bring himself to do it because he was afraid to disturb him. He wouldn't want to interrupt Soraru's pace at work, neither does he want to wake him up from his sleep. What if Soraru just went to bed only a few minutes ago?

Even as he says so, he sometimes brought the courage to call anyway, and every time he does, Soraru would pick it up, answering with a gentle voice, questioning with a hum as he goes, "What is it, Mafumafu?" There were also times when Soraru was sleeping, but Mafu still managed to hear his voice before his turn to go to bed. He wanted this feeling he has for Soraru to be wrong, but things wouldn't go his way because it was clear his emotions shook from what Soraru did for him, going out of his way to pick up his call no matter the time.

He says he wants to give up these feelings on him because nothing positive could come out from it, because his love wouldn't bear fruits that would give him the equal love he craved for from Soraru, and he was this close to giving up until he went to Soraru's house the other day due to work. He sat on his couch, waiting for Soraru to come out from the kitchen with their drinks. And there he was, walking towards him with two mugs in his hands. Mafu received the cup of coffee from him, and then looked around for the sugar bowl. That was when Soraru said:

"Three blocks of sugar cubes,"

Mafu widened his eyes at that statement. He brought up his head to watch Soraru bring his own cup to his lips, slowly sipping onto his tea.

"That's how you drink your coffee, right?"

And that was when Mafu knew he had no way to escape from this.

"Mafumafu?"

He was already madly in love with this man

-

Thoughts of Soraru had been clouding his mind a lot recently since. Mafu considered confessing but the hurdle was a little too high for him. He wouldn't want his confession to shatter their current relationship. He was comfortable like this, except he gets too nervous every time he sees Soraru because he was extremely conscious of these feelings he holds for Soraru.

"Mafumafu, I think you should take a look at this,"

"Hmm, which is it?"

It was a lovely afternoon, and Mafu was at Soraru's room, making some corrections on their mixes and arrangements. Frankly speaking, it felt a little warm today for winter, but he knew it was not because of nature. It was because of himself. The fact that Soraru was sitting so close to him, with their shoulders almost touching, made Mafu feel unnatural. Sometimes, out of a sudden, Soraru would lean in from behind, and he could feel Soraru's chest pressing against his back. For a second there, Mafu thought he could feel Soraru's heartbeat but before he could make sure, Soraru already moved away.