"Cayden." He said.

"I would prefer alpha Cayden, Alexei." Cayden replied with a smirk.

Before Alexei could say anything, Charles intervened and said. "Welcome to Stalwart warrior pack, alpha Cayden."

"He is not welcome here." The angry voice of Valerie interrupted Charles welcome.

"Sister." Charles chastised. "This is no way talking to guests. Father would have condemned you."

"Father would have condemned betrayal and deceit too, brother." Valerie replied looking unimpressed towards Cayden.

Charles sighed and shook his head in disdain. "Don't keep grudges sister."

"I was marked without consent." Valerie snarled.

"Yes, and by your mate only." Charles yelled in anger. "I am not saying what he did was right or how he did was right. But at that time it was the only solution. And I appreciate Dmitri's presence of mind and his plan, else you both would have not backed down. Your wolf is feeling restless. Atleast do her a favor and let her meet Cayden's wolf."

Valerie scoffed. "I won't allow this not even in dreams."

"You are acting childish and arrogant, sister. You said it yourself that you would have never rejected Cayden. Mates are a blessing according to you. And don't act stubborn and let him help you with the issues of hunters."

"I was having a meeting with my officials before I was interrupted rudely." She said not looking in the eyes of her brother.

"Then I won't disturb you alpha." Charles replied in sarcasm and started walking towards exit.

"Charles." Valerie shouted but he did not stop and went out.

"Can you atleast for once not disrupt my life?" Valerie asked in anger looking towards Cayden in hate.

"You are acting irrationally." Cayden replied in calmness.

Valerie scoffed and opens her mouth to say something but Cayden beat her to it. "Don't bother saying I marked you with diciet. I know it already."

Valerie pursed her lips and did not say anything. Cayden sighed at her mate's stubbornness.

"Let her meet my wolf Valerie." Cayden said in a soft, requesting tone.

"Never." Valerie replied in a harsh tone.

"Very well, have it your way then." Cayden said and transformed into his wolf form.

Valerie took a whiff of the masculinity of Cayden's wolf causing her wolf to get restless and anxious to come out. Cayden who noticed this thing moved towards her and started rubbing himself on her legs that caused the restlessness of Valerie's wolf to increase.

"I. won't. let. Her. out." She said each syllable with difficulty. But she forgot that a wolf in presence of the mate is powerful. Valerie's wolf overpowered her will, causing her to transform.

Her grayish white wolf whelped in happiness when she met her mate. She circled her mate in happiness and sniffed him with love. She was impressed with sheer strength and masculinity of his mate and started licking Cayden's wolf.

Without any further warning Valerie's wolf pierced her canines in Cayden's wolf's neck marking him as her mate. Cayden howled in happiness and got sexually excited and started growling. When Valerie's wolf let go of his neck, he pierced the she wolf's neck with his canines marking her his once again. He let go of her neck and licked the wound mark on the wolf's neck.

He sniffed her too and started licking her. In the mean time Valerie took control of her wolf's emotions and took a back step. She went to a side and morphed back into her human form.

When she returned wearing shorts and tank top, she found a very happy Cayden standing wearing shorts and his muscular chest was on display causing Valerie's hormones to go haywire.

She cleared her throat causing everyone to look towards her including Alexei who was not looking very happy.

"As I was stating earlier we are going to help those packs. We will leave in the morning. There is a possible attack by hunters on the small packs tomorrow. We will leave as early as possible." She looked towards Kevin and said. "I want you to act as alpha of this pack until I return. And in case of any severe accident or grave injury to me, you will take all the important decision."

Cayden who was listening intently said. "Are we not going to talk about what happened few minutes ago?"

Valerie looked towards Cayden. "My wolf accepted your wolf as her mate. That does not mean I am good with that. I have few pressing issues here that needed to be dealt with. And I am dealing in the best possible way."

"You are not going on war tomorrow. If helping those packs is important for you then I will go and help them. I will fight with the hunters for you." Cayden said.

"Have I asked for your help, alpha Cayden?" Valerie asked. "The neighboring packs asked for my help because they trust me. And I won't break their trust. I will go and nobody can stop me on this. Not even you." She left the gymnasium after saying that leaving a fuming Cayden behind.

Vote and comment please

Don't forget to check the story on every Saturday. If you are not getting updates then delete the book from your library and add it again.