Alexei who was just standing and listening to her orders approached her once she was alone and asked. "I guess Flora gave you bad news."

Valerie sighed and nodded dejected. She told him what Flora said and Alexei also got worried. They heard approaching footsteps and saw Dmitri and Cayden in deep discussion. When they both reached where Valerie and Alexei was standing, Dmitri gestured Alexei to follow him leaving behind Cayden and Valerie alone.

Once they were out of sight Cayden decreased the distance between them by approaching her and said. "I heard what Flora said."

To which Valerie just nodded because she was aware of the fact. Cayden placed his hands on her shoulders in a comforting gesture and Valerie got relaxed. "Look let us just forget about the tension that is going on between us and focus on the present situation. We need to fight this battle together."

Valerie looked down and sighed. She nodded her head in acceptance. Cayden took her chin in his forefinger and thumb and lifted her face up. He saw tears glistening in her eyes.

"You are not alone. I am there for you. Nothing will happen to your family." Cayden tried to calm her down. "And it's okay to cry. It's okay to show weakness. There is nobody around here and there is no need to act tough alpha. You can be a vulnerable girl for once who is freightened for her loved ones. And besides these prophecies do change of circumstances changes."

Valerie nodded and threw herself towards him to engulf Cayden in a bone crushing hug.

"I am afraid for the future Cayden. I can't lose anyone else to hunters. They took my father but I can't allow this to happen again. They are infiltrating the government, Cayden. They are gaining powers."

Cayden pushed Valerie back gently and detangle himself from the embrace.

"Look at me Valerie." When Valerie looked towards him, he saw tears flowing down her cheeks. He brushed them away with his thumb and said. "If they can infiltrate the government, so can we. That is what Dmitri and I were discussing. He was planning on joining the government along with some other important vampires. If we need to protect ourselves, then we will have to mingle in them. He was suggesting that we can ask some of the pack members who have proper qualification to apply for such positions. Our pack members are already earning their bread and butter in human world by doing the jobs. Then why can't they apply for government."

Valerie sniffed and brushed her tears off. "That is a good idea. Why didn't I think about that? We can learn so much. We can mask their scents by the potions, this way the hunters will not be able to guess our strategy."

"That is an awesome idea." Cayden replied and they both smiled happily looking towards each other. Cayden moved closer towards Valerie and looked towards her lips and asked. "Can I kiss you?"

"You never asked before." Valerie replied.

"I know. And I am sorry for that." Cayden informed and Valerie snorted. "Lately the tension between us got too high. I thought you hated me Valerie."

"Hate is a strong word. But yes you disappointed and hurt me."

Cayden sighed. "I am really sorry for my stupidity. I don't know what was I thinking. I really am."

"Apology accepted alpha." Valerie replied with a smile.

"So can I?" Cayden asked.

"Can you what?"

"Can I kiss you?" Cayden brushed his thumb on her lower lip causing Valerie to gasp. "Don't tempt me Valerie if you don't plan on kissing me."

Valerie smiled mischievously and said. "Who said I am not."

That was the only thing that Cayden wanted to hear. In the next moment he pulled Valerie towards him and tilted her face by placing his hand in the nape of her neck and kissed her passionately. Valerie kissed him back with equal passion. Tongues and hands were involved. They were touching each other passionately. Cayden was nipping and biting her lips causing her to moan in pleasure.

He let go of her lips for just a fraction of second to attack them again.

"I can kiss you all the time." Cayden said breathlessly. Valerie blushed and smiled. And this time she initiated the kiss by placing her lips on his. When she felt something poking her thigh, she laughed in between the kiss and maintained some distance. When Cayden gained his senses back he looked down sheepishly causing Valerie to laugh hysterically. He looked towards her mesmerized by her laughter and blurted out.

"I love you Valerie."

Her laughter was ceased and she gasped. Before she could say anything Cayden continued speaking. "I am not saying this 'cause you are my mate and the attraction is obvious. No. I am saying this 'cause I actually love you. I love how strong you are. I love how headstrong and caring your nature is. I love the way you worry and care about your family. I love how passionately you lead your pack. I love the way you get angry. I love the way you fight dominantly. I love the way everyone respects and adores you. I love you for who you are."

Valerie was left speechless. She was opening and closing her mouth to say something but no words were coming out of her mouth.

"I know you don't feel the same way Valerie." Cayden continued. "But I will always wait for you. I am very lucky to have you. You are mine and I will have you. My beast and I don't share and we will never let go what is ours."

Valerie was still dumbstruck. Cayden chuckled at her loss of words. "This is first time that you don't have anything to say or don't know what to say." He smashed his lips once again on hers to seal the deal of his love.

Vote and Comment.

Let me know your thoughts on the story so far.