The new era

I walked in the room, right after doctor called my name with Zayn by my side. Zayn and I were nervous knowing that one of our options could be a pregnancy.

-          What do you feel, darling ? – the doctor started to say.

-          She woke up throwing up and feeling a huge pain on stomach. – Zayn said for me.

-          Humm, I see. It's that what happened, mrs Brunches ?

-          Yes, exactly.

-          How's your diet ?

-          I don't think it can be a diet thing, Doctor.

-          No ?

-          No. I need somebody to check my belly..

-          What do you mean ? Do you want a pregnancy test?

I looked at Zayn, holding his hand.

-          Yes, we do.

  The doctor went outside, we thought he was going to call somebody else to do the test, to see what was happening on myself.

-          Babe..are you sure?

-          We have to try, Zayn. I remember our last times and something felt...it was going to be..I don't know how to explain you, maybe it's a women thing.

-          My love, whatever happens, I am with you!

-          I know babe, we got each other's back.

  We listened the door opened and the doctor was being followed by a nurse with some pregnancy tests in her hands. One of the most important moments of my life was going to happen.

-          Mrs Brunches can you come with me ? – the nurse said and I got up, following her. – You have to wait here ok ? – she said to Zayn.

-          We can talk, if you want. – the doctor said, smiling to Zayn. – At least, if something is happening in her belly, it can be your fault, right ? – he joked and made us laugh a bit.

  I followed the nurse to another room, it had a bathroom where I would do the test. She made me some questions about period and some sexual questions about the last times, she also prepared some tea for me to drink after the test so I could feel better if the pain came from my organs and not from pregnancy.

  The test was made quickly and I had to wait some minutes holding that little white dreamer machine as my brain decided to call it. I tried my best to don't feel anxious any second, to don't feel even nervous but how could I make that to myself? Zayn was waiting in another room and we were in a step of knowing if we were parents or no. The fact this was always our dream didn't help to make me feel better.

  When I looked again to that little white machine, I could see..two lines. Two lines that could mean something really big and I knew what it was. That meant a Yes and on that moment, I ran to outside to find the nurse and there she was.

-          IT SAYS TWO LINES! – I screamed. I could not calm down.

-          Let me see, sweetheart. – I gave to her so she could see – Yes, it does but, sometimes we have to check more than once so if you don't mind, can you do it again with a new one?

-          I didn't know that.

-          Stay calm darling and do it again. – she gave me another new one.

  With my head down, trying to calm down, I waited some more time to have it ready and everything going fine this time, to work out as we wanted. This time I talked to God inside, I thought on Zayn and crossed my fingers, wishing our life could work this time and everything could happen the way we wanted, to everything be what we always wished for. Eyes closed, I waited enough to see the answer I needed on the little machine and when I thought it wouldn't work, God proved me he is always there.

Two lines, two lines again. It had to be, it had to be what we wanted.

  I repeated the same steps and I walked to the nurse, saying the same as I did before. With a smile, she told me to follow her and I did. She went to call Zayn, I held her hand and without telling him what was happening, I kissed his hands.

   We were in a room, right to do a ultrasound. I laid down in the stretcher; she put some cream on my belly and passed the transducer around. That felt weird but nice, what we were trying to find was more important than anything else. Me and Zayn were focused on the monitor and I, as a nurse who never did that before, wasn't understanding too much about what was happening inside of me.

-          I don't know how to tell you this – the nurse said smiling – but congratulations, you are parents of a baby with some weeks. One month.

I automatically looked at Zayn and that was the moment we tried to find our entire life, and we were finally living. I looked at him, with tears around my eyes and seeing his eyes getting teary as well, we didn't say anything to each other but right I was ready to leave, I hugged him tight for long minutes. We stayed there, right next to the monitor, hugging every inch of our backs like there was no tomorrow but there was tomorrow, tomorrow for the three of us.

  After getting a new diet from the doctor, some medical care, we left with Trisha in the car and we promised we wouldn't reveal our big new until the whole family as together at home. She kept believing it was just a pain on my stomach and from the ice cream I had eaten some hours before but thanks God, it wasn't and that was much better than anything. Some pain's are worthy for.

  When we arrived in a early morning, 8:30 am at our home, I sat in the sofa and I looked at Trisha already searching on her phone some teas to the stomach.

-          Trisha..

-          Yes darling ?

-          Can you reunite the whole family today for a lunch at our home ?

-          Of course but do you feel ok to do it? Excuse me, I do the lunch! I will tell them, when I go home.

-          Thank you very much but don't need to do any lunch, I do it on my own.

-          And I can help! – Zayn said, sitting next to me – Don't worry mom, she is feeling better now.

-          I am sure my beautiful son will take care of you very well.

-          He always does, Trisha. – I said smiling.

-          Okay my love birds so I am going to leave, warn them about the lunch, at which time can we arrive ?

-          12 pm or even before, as you like.

-          Fine. – she smiled – So we will appear at 11:30 am ok ? Is that good ?

-          More than good!

  After giving us a few kisses in the cheek and wishing for me to get better, she left our house. I looked at Zayn, he looked at me and we were like two little kids jumping and kissing, full of happiness, celebrating a new beginning.