Suicidal Escape

(Krul's Pov)

It's been a few weeks ever since I now became nothing. Just the thought of it frightened me when I look into my reflection that I can no longer see. Just the memories of when I was younger were sweet, but why must I suffer alone? I've lost both my children and my dear Mikaela as a husband. The thought of seeing them isn't helping at all. But why Darku? Why did you make me carry on such a burning weight upon my shoulders? With each step I made through the countryside of Romania, the memories came back to me.

(Memory)

The thought of our leader giving me such a treasure surprised me. I followed his orders well, not even questioning of who he really was on the inside. My mind made this choice, but I kept running when I heard Lest Karr's fury play. I decided to keep going, letting my legs pump more fear and anticipation just to escape. I tripped upon my own foot, relinquishing the necklace by mistake. "I know you're out there! Find her!," Lest's voice rung like thunder. Oh no! Not now! I saw the soldiers summon from the graves that I stood from! Damn! I didn't know he even possessed this power to summon the dead to life! I kept running amid catching the necklace into my own hand as skeletal hands rose themselves from the ground just trying to capture me. They kept rising, and finally came as they started coming for me! I heard their demonic screams as they tried to frighten me, but I didn't listen! I kept running, but what I wanted most was freedom!

I felt myself trip again, but now onto a branch that I blinded myself. I kept rolling and tumbling until I landed rock solid onto the ground. I heard Lest's anger again that I hurriedly headed inside a small nook under a few tree roots. The footsteps neared with each swift breath I made, almost heading into shock as they approached. "We know you can't hide forever!," he taunted me to come out, but I disobeyed while keeping extremely silent. My breath hitched when a foot was near my hiding place, and then a skull peered inside when I stayed absolutely frozen. "Burn the place down! I don't want that witch alive except for her own possession!," Lest's voice was nearby that I flinched. Did he just say burn? I began smelling smoke that I freaked out! He wasn't joking at all! I smelled embers coming, and I thought I heard someone call to me. "Asura?," I became curious, but it was my curiosity that killed the cat. I freaked out when my own hiding spot started to burn that I fled.

"Get her! Don't let her escape!," the captain made the orders clear and I made myself swift as the wind. I didn't know was the fact that I felt something streaming from my arm. "No no no no! Not now!," I saw my left arm holding a massive wound as a burden. The soldiers found me once again, and almost caught me without hesitation. I rushed inside a random place and kept myself hidden from them once more. Oooh~! This is really annoying! I kept silent once again, but I heard something outside like a stallion. I finally realized I was inside of an aristocrat's carriage, being trampled within the passenger seats. I peered outside that I noticed no one was outside. Oh no! I've got myself into this! I heard someone calling for the stallion to come back, but it didn't obey and kept galloping with fright written upon its face.

I dared not to make any fright come until the carriage tilted swiftly that I fell out with fright. I heard the dead still coming for me once more that I freaked. I was hanging upon a cliff that may take me towards my death, and what could be worst? They're right in front of me! "Well, having a good time hanging around 3rd Progenitor?," Lest peered down,"Hand over the necklace! We know you possess it!" "Shut up! I don't have it!" "Quit playing games!," Lest stepped onto my fingertips that I screamed,"I believe that necklace belongs to me!" "For what? To prove that you want to overthrow the Silver Fang? I'd like you to try without it!," I tried climbing, but failed as minor rocks descended beneath me. "You dare mock the Council?," he hissed violently,"That rebel was attempting to overthrow our glorious Silver Fang!" "The Silver Fang is nothing but a coward!," I hissed harshly. "A Sabbath you became! How weak to mock our Dark Saint!," he kept going, but I still held,"Three fingers left! Hand over the necklace!" Hand it over?

"Go on! Take it!," I finally relinquished myself from the cliff edge, remembering Lest's reaction before I left him behind. Thank goodness the necklace was within safe hands, but they weren't mine. I was fortunate that the stallion held onto it for dear life. I wonder what the owner's reaction will be when they find such a treasure. I softly handled my landing with little levitation, and peacefully landed upon my feet. I fooled him well, didn't I? Now, with that out of the way, I have other du--No...I can't. I can't let it go. What if the owner abuses the necklace? With a gust of wind blowing gently, I felt a hand upon my shoulder. "Who's there?," I turned, but not a soul remained. I looked again, but nothing once again. How strange it was to be watched by the wind when it went along like it was nothing. I kept going, seeing the flames of the Haunted Blade's Forest singe to ashes. I was only lucky to make it out with a few cuts and burns that were somewhat minor. I finally left the place, and I was haunted ever since.

(Present)

Pleased, I make a promise to you. I took out an old branding iron from my satchel with a few eternal hot coals that burn slowly. With it, the iron heated well as I peered into the night sky. "God, I...I confess something that I wish I've done long ago.," I gulped amid seeing the burning iron before me. "I never wanted to be like this...To be an immortal creature, but yet it is us. It's our punishment for the sins we've done.," I delicately placed the iron upon the back of my hand by a few inches,"This is punishment for myself, for being such a demon. Please, bless me my human self. I never wanted this to even happen. I never knew that I would end up like this. I've lost my baby and I desire you." I closed my eyes as bloody tears began to descend from my eyes. "I desire to be half human. I desire to be myself and my demon self. When the time comes, I shall make my choice!," I slammed the brand upon the back of my dominant hand. The stench of burning flesh consumed my nose amid the agony lacerated me like a blade. I screamed violently as the brand burnt my flesh and the echoes of my own scream impaired me. I finally landed onto my side albeit relinquishing the brand from my left hand. There, I saw it... A raven, crisp, bleeding Christan mark now burning me within my own blood.

What was this feeling? This emotion that I've never felt before? Was it joy? No...It didn't feel like joy. Was it redemption? Or...Was it peace? Peace from this vile world? Peace from the agony? I felt so warm and fuzzy inside, seeing the flames begin to consume my wrist and long locks of infant carnation hair. I saw flashes of my own memory​ pass my eyes like a movie I can only see and enjoy once. My eyes began to weep crystal clear and I was happy at the sight. My dear son...May your mother see you in Heaven.