Outsiders : Twilight Arc

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoy this LinkxDark Link! I was writing this and that's why I haven't updated in stories in a while. XDDD I apologize for the wait! So, have fun reading! I also apologize for the short chapter! XDDDD

MidnaxLink

~~~

(Dark's POV) (Short)

I just finished the last meal before bed. Yes, of course, you may think I was like the rest, but I wasn't. I wasn't like the rest of them. I needed to find someone, though. My parents said that the blood moon was coming fast and I needed someone to be with. Who would that person be? I wondered as I went to sleep.

(Link's POV)

"Again...," my teacher more from me. I felt the sweat run down my face as I attempted to stab the dummy. --and god! I thought being a hunter was simple! I wasn't an ordinary hunter, though. I was a vampire hunter, in training though. Many other boys passed with flying colors, and I even attempted and I did. But, why? Why teacher? I longed to passed with the highest levels, but my teacher held me back. Why did he do it? Maybe it was because he saw something in me, or maybe he just enjoyed having me suffer, or another reason. "Ge up or he'll react quickly, killing you!," I broke out of my trance, thanks to him. "Alright! I'm up!," I met face to face with him. As I looked at him, his pale scarred face. One of his scars from fighting costed him an eye, while the other was the deepest raven with a veil covering it. "Yes...What's wrong?," I was alarmed by his sudden request. "You see, Link, a blood moon is coming fast and that equals a hunt coming fast for us." I was surprised by the news,"A blood moon? Why? What happens during that time?," I want straight answers. He close to my ear, whispering ever so softly from the younger boys. "I see...But, why me?" "I want you to do it because this is why I held you back. You didn't kill any of those damned beasts within the human form. You didn't have the chance to head out into the world." I was surprised by what he was saying to me. So that's why he held me back! I didn't have my chance yet! "So, do you deny it or accept it?" I thought over for a moment, then smiled,"I accept...For you." He smiled back, but only for a moment,"Good. Grab your equipment from your home. I'll bless you once you're ready." I nodded, then headed off.

~~~

I was preparing myself for the trip, for the end of the damned race that hunted us for so long. I had everything I desired and everything those beasts hated so much that they would beg for mercy. I smirked as I held my small bottle of pure light, then placed it down onto my sliver cross. I sat down on my bed, looking outside my window pane. I saw the world that I knew for a long time. I recollected my past, my family, my innocent life from when I was so young. I didn't mind about it. I hoped that I'd cut out a beast's heart and display it to my master. I felt a hand on my shoulder, then quickly reacted, pointing a knife at whoever touched me. To my surprise, I saw her, my Annabel Lee. I was surprised to see her, placing the silver knife away in my sheath. I laughed,"Don't ever frighten me like that again." She smiled,"You're leaving already?" "Of course. I have to, for a good reason." "I know, but just be careful, okay?" She was right, I needed to be careful. My wonderful fiancee was everything in my life. She is Annabel Lee in my eyes. I kissed her cheek as I grabbed her into my trap. I sensed a smile as I kissed her on her neck, pretending to be a vampire biting her slender neck. She laughed,"Get off me you beast!" I shushed her,"You want me to be killed?" "No, but I wish you well." I kissed her on the cheek,"Thank you." She left me behind, leaving me in my room. I looked outside again, then at the painting of a woman that I loved dearly, but she was now gone. I grabbed one of my silver needles, then darted it at it. She was one of them now, and she was my target. I grabbed the painting and the needle. I placed the last few pieces of equipment in my pack, then went out.

~~~

Blessed by the priest, he gave me my brother's silver cross, my last memory of my brother, placed into a necklace. It was a gift from the church and Him, Maria, His Son, and the Spirit that protected us all, to deliver us from evil. I headed out, the scent of twilight was coming to an end. The hearts of families, protect your children from them, the devilish fangs from Satan's fallen angels.

The darkness...

Is coming to end...