Why Love's a Battlefield?

(Link's Pov)

"Damn...," I got up after getting a minor cramp. I never knew that sleeping on the ground was simple. Burakku and I have been supplying on hunting, but I barely possessed a chance to survive. My body was weakening from each hunt, and I blame it on my deprivation of blood. "Up again?," Burakku came down from his perch, then gave me a minor bird,"It's not much, but it'll keep your blood lust down." "Why're you giving smaller portions when I can just go hunt it down on you?," I snatched the bird from his hands, feeding its blood that I almost ran dry. "We gotta turn you back to human, remember?," he searched through his tome,"If I keep on feeding you human food and water, you'll eventually turn back to human." "But I'm fine being Half Blood, okay?," I threw the bird away,"Can I least be in less suffice?" He rolled his eyes,"Look, remember what Mika told you?" "Yeah, gotta find a witch therefore I can become stronger! So what's up?," I climbed onto a branch, and hung upside down,"You have a problem with it?" "No, I don't.," he closed his tome, looking at me ruggedly,"I'm your witch." "What? You're male!" "True, but male witches are rare to find. Consider yourself lucky since you got me as an ally.," he smirked a bit,"Sure, I may look as if I'm a fallen angel, but I didn't desire moping around when I'd use it as my advantage." "This is about finding Pittoo, right?," I tilted my head from the anarchy.

He seemed shocked for a second, then peered down amid holding onto his arm. "I know that look from anywhere.," I came down,"Is this Pittoo guy more that I thought?" He remained silent, rubbing his arm more. "Burakku, can you te-" "I shall....But, you'll have to see through my eyes.," he opened his tome again, and began chanting strangely. When I thought I was dreaming, I saw the forest transform into an elegant sky, shining eminent sunlight from above. Clouds formed below my feet, and I knew it wasn't just any realm... "This realm is hard for mortal eyes to see.," Burakku sat down beside me, seeing from below our feet. I heard the sound of laughter and joy, and finally saw a young seraph testing his wings. "You're doing great! Keep it up, Pittoo!," another seraph, almost the age of an angel, boosted the seraph's confidence. The tannette laughed, flapping more til he reached one of the clouds. "Keep it up! Go higher, and perhaps turn a bit therefore you'd be superior as me!" "I'm trying!," he seemed at a struggle, then screamed once he saw a raven chain head for one of his wings,"Blapi! What's going on!?" "Pittoo!," he started heading for his ally, but another chain came up, retrieving the seraph's left leg that he began bleeding. "C'mon Pittoo! Flap! Flap your wings!," he pulled out a bow and set of arrows, firing at the chains, but they were too strong! "I can't! I'm too weak!" "Keep fighting! Flap harder!" "I can't! Please! Help me!" The chains started pulling his weak body down, almost injuring one of his wings that he kept fighting harder. "PITTOO!," the adult seraph grabbed only fingertips, and didn't make it. The young seraph kept getting pulled down, further away from his ally that I wanted to help, but couldn't since I didn't see him.

"So, that young searph....," I blinked a few times, seeing the mirage vanish before my eyes,"He was..." "Pittoo was my younger twin brother, and I was so desperate that I wanted to come here, to the Surface.," I saw a minor tear fall out of one of his magenta eyes. "Even though, that was you, right?" "It was, before I was cursed to have raven wings.," he let his wings come out,"The only way to come down here is to accomplish an unholy crime. For me, I almost committed a murder upon one of the goddesses above, and I was subjected for judgement." "And you were guilty for the crime?" "That's how I managed to come down here. Ever since, I've been attempting to gain back my wings therefore I can go back to where I belonged. My mother, Viridi, weeped for me when my wings were brutally cut from my back. An Angel of Death's synth can destroy an angel's wings clean from the spine.," he revealed a hidden set of scars buried within the raven feathers. "Do they hurt?," I began stroking his back, but he flinched a bit that I stopped. "There's nothing you can accomplish with me.," he placed his raven tunic back on his body,"I've been having that as only a reminder just to keep fighting." "Fighting back after what's happened to you?" "Look, I don't think you understand my pain at all. My life changed forever once my raven wings grew onto my spine. I can't remove them." "Can't you cleanse yourself?" "It'll only make it worse, or even kill me.," he began going back onto his perch, but I stopped him with just a swift grab of his wrist.