Rivalry

(Dark's POV)

I woke up during sunset as I heard my parents coming through the door of my room. I recollected that he was sleeping in my '2nd bed' and I was about to do it until they came.  I got down from the ceiling, bowing my head down to them once I made to them. "You recollect the raven family, don't you?" I was in shock,"Wait! The Raven family? I thought all of them were slaughtered!" "Not every last one of them, though. We found a survivor of the slaughter and she'd be wonderful for you.," both of my parents, revealing a young girl my age. Her silvery hair and eyes gave me a sense of her as I felt her silk hair. She gazed into my eyes as she kept quiet. "Her name's Elizabeth Nightingale Raven, but she desires the name Luna. We'll leave you two alone." My parents left the both of us alone.

Luna just stood where my parents revealed her, staying completely still like a doll. She only blinked a few times, but she still didn't move out of her spot.---Just blinking once or twice in a row. I felt kinda like I was gonna freak out for a moment. "Uh....Hi." No reaction. Just standing and blinking. "So.....Um.....You're not an ordinary woman, aren't you?," I attempted to coax her as I picked her up bridal style. Again, no reaction. Just staying still and blinking.

Not a word came out of her mouth. Luna popped out of my arms like she came to life. She came close towards my '2nd bed', cocking her head at it. "Uh....I don't think you should look in there.," I fake smiled at her. I felt Link kick the lid, desiring freedom,"Let me out of here!" "Link....! Not now!" "I need air!Let me out!," He kicked harder, but the lock on it was still strong. I still kept fake smiling at her, but she cocked her head like she wanted to see what was inside. "Look, why don't you-" "What's in there?," she finally spoke. "Oh! So you do speak? I thought you were mute...," I blushed as my ears tensed up again as Link wanted out. "If you don't let me out this instant, I'll kill you!" "Shut up already! I gotta deal with something right now!," I kept the lid shut, but the lock on the lid started to break.

Dammit! "Can I see what's in there?," Luna came closer towards me. "Well---Um...," I started to sweat from the stress. "Never mind. Get off there. I wanna see. you know how children are with their curiosity.," she pushed me off the lid, and started to open it up. "Look, I can---" "That's strange....I thought I heard something in there.," her face was full of surprise, but she started to coo. I was surprised that she held a raven kitten that was hiding in there. I looked inside, seeing nothing but clothes.

"You're so cute that I wanna keep you! I'll tell your parents about this little one.," she ran off to see my parents while carrying the small kitten. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I peeked. "Who is that girl?" "Look, my parents found her and she wanted me to have her." "Huh? I don't get it." "Hard to explain Link. Let's just say that I have a marriage  coming up soon." "A marriage?! Wait! Who is she? That female vampire!" "Link, you don't get it!," I paused for a breath as I heard footsteps coming. "Hide!" "No way I'm gonna do it!" "Just stay quiet!," I pushed Link down and latched my '2nd bed' up tight. "Your parents said that I can keep you!," she displayed the small kitten to me, then held it warmly in her arms. "Well... That's sweet." "I'll name you Yukki since you're so cute!," she started laughing as the small animal started purring.

I smiled, but I looked down, seeing the broken lock. "Can I see what you're hiding Darku?" I sighed,"Fine, but you won't like it." "Why not?" I didn't answer as I released the latches, and I revealed Link, fast asleep. She peeked inside, but she didn't scream or anything. She just stared at Link. "Hi." She smiled,"Why aren't you cute?!," she started to smile while playing around on Link's face. "Don't touch me!," Link slapped her hand, making her upset. "Look, he's my servant and he doesn't take it fondly when it comes to your type." She just stared at me, not a single reaction came out of her. She just stood there like a doll----Again. "Luna, can you stop doing that?! It's freaking me out!," I crossed my arms at her. Again, she just stood there. I gazed at her doll-like face---Her eyes were glowing a pure bloody crimson. Damn. A pure blood, one of the most dangerous and rare vampires that lived in this world! She came closer to Link's chin, then smiled,"You'll stay with one of us. Who do you choose?" Link widened his eyes, then looked at me. "He's my master..." "Do you even know his name?" "No...I don't." "Go and see him. He is your master, isn't he?" "Yes. He is." He came up to me, but he stopped, seeing my father. My eyes widened as his face grew aggressive. "What's going on here?" "Father...I can-" "That child isn't allowed here. He should've been dead." I grabbed Link's hand tightly, attempting to hide the Pentagram symbol on his hand.

"Drink him." I gulped, then looked at Link. He nodded slightly, then tilted his head a bit. I bit into his neck as I felt tiny tears fall down Link's face. I drank his blood seductively as my eyes shined ruby. I released myself from his neck, then licked the remnants of his blood. I looked at my father as I bowed my head to him. "Let him taste it." I looked at him again as the blood ran down my face. He gulped, then began licking his own blood off of my lips. I desired his taste of his tongue. It seemed sweet like blood. He stopped and stared at me. I looked at my father---Still not convinced. I was a bit shocked,"Father?" "Drink his heart." I jolted as my eyes widened. My father wanted me to have Link's heart?! "No. I'm not doing it.," I gazed into my father's eyes.

"What did I tell you, my son?," he started staring right into my eyes as they glowed. I gazed back at him s my eyes glowed crimson. He cocked his head while making holes in my stomach. I blinked, looking away from him. "Do it." "No! I'm not!," I retorted again. "Fine. I'll let you be on your way.," he started to leave. I sighed in relief, but I was wrong! He pointed his raven rapier at my neck. I smirked,"Ha! So that's how you desire to play, father?" He jabbed the point closer to my neck,"Do it...." "Not in my way!," I grabbed my rapier, hitting my father's blade out of my neck. I wanted him! Link, stay alive with me! The blades began letting sparks fly as we fought. I gazed into my father's eyes as rage boiled within me. Both of our strength was strong, but one of us had to give in.

I hissed at my father aggressively as I started to weaken him. He smiled, releasing himself from me. I fell down, feeling tired. My ear twitched, and I turned as my father attempted to stab me--I dodged both jabs. I got up, swinging nonstop towards my father. He was weak, but I felt blood stain my face. His eyes were wide, but why? Both him and I gazed at his stomach. I saw a blade--A silver knife--- turning crimson. I felt the blood splash onto my face as I stood there as the blade sliced my father's stomach. I gazed at the killer---Link, his face covered in my father's blood.

I came to his as I dropped my rapier. I cleansed his cheek as he held onto my hand. Tears fell down my face as he whispered his last words. I saw him vanish---His touch was gone. I gazed onto Link's merciless eyes,"You killed him!" I pounced onto Link as I got closer towards his chest. I stopped---The point close to my neck. "We made a deal. Don't you remember? Don't intend to shatter it.," I felt the tip coming closer towards my neck. I couldn't hold the rage any longer. I loved him so dearly, and I recollected the vow we made. I started to weep as the tears fell onto Link's bloodstained face.

I felt a tender kiss rise towards my lips as the tears begin to cease. The vow healed my shattered soul due too the loss of my father. I pulled away for a breath as the barrier that separated us began to break down. We'd both fell for sin like fallen angels. We were alike, but subtly different. Link was an agel and I was the fallen one. Our worlds were different, but we're not.

We made a deal------A black vow-------To stay together for our fates should've shown like a child's cherished memory within a dream.