21: In The Eyes Of Another

Hey guys! So I thought I would put this WHOLE chapter in Matt AND Jeff's POV. I hope you guys like it. So who are you rooting for? I gotta say, I do like Jeff, but hey, he's not a bad boy like Matt. I don't play favorites ;) but I'm just saying! :) - Emma (The song TOTALLY fits btw! Friends with benefits in Matt's case ;D).

αααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααα

αααααMATT'S POVααααα

My alarm next to my bed was blaring, but I didn't want to get up. I didn't want to go to school today.

Fucking school. Why do I even bother going?

That was obvious - Aimee.

I chuckled as I swung my legs out of my bed. I doubt that she even knew that I really did have feelings for her. Why did I always get the short straw when it came to the best girls? Jeff has her wrapped under his finger but he could care less...? And I have to be the hook up buddy whenever he doesn't want to give her anything?

She could be perfectly happy with me, now that the prophecy is kaput. There's nothing else for them and they have no good reason to be together.

But, I thought as I threw on some clean clothes, it didn't matter because love doesn't make sense. I would know first hand. I think... I might be... In love... with Aimee? That's it?

The idea was ridiculous. What was I doing, trying to hurt myself again?

I grabbed my keys off my nightstand along with my cell phone. I had one text from Aimee. I smiled, reading it over.

"Hey, can I have a ride to school? (: -Aims"

Texting her back, I wrote, "Yes," and practically fell down the staircase out of sheer excitement. Aimee must be getting over Jeff, right? Please?

From what he was telling me, nothing was working. My cell phone started ringing, and I guess, thinking of Jeff caused him to call.

"Hey Jeff, sup," I said in a rush of breath as I ran across my house to the front door. I closed it behind me.

He cleared his throat, "Aimee was here yesterday and I. I can't help it. I still have feelings for her."

I rolled my eyes while ramming my old house keys into the deadbolt lock. You know, Jeff knows how to really ruin someone's day. I sighed involuntarily as I said, "What happened?"

"I, she, well, huh," he paused, "Oh look, she's outside."

"She's waiting for me to pick her up."

"Oh, I see. I think she knows that I still love her."

I chuckled, "You have a better chance at making Stevie Wonder see his hands than getting her to see that. She's almost completely over you, Jeff. I hate to be the other guy but right now, I am. So I'm sorry man, I'm trying to keep her happy."

He didn't say anything for a few seconds, so I began walking over to my car. I jumped inside of it and brought the engine to life.

"That's why I have to thank you. As much as I want to be with her, it's not right," his voice wavered as he spoke. I groaned internally, asking myself if he was going to cry or something, "She's young and she should be with someone like you. Someone who isn't me. Someone who isn't a monster."

I reversed out of the driveway. I chuckled at the stupidity of his sentence. What was he even thinking? I'm a werewolf too! "Okay then. I have to go," I said as I hung up on him. My car hummed happily as I drove the rest of the way down the street. My heart beat accelerated along with my car. Thump, thump, thump, thump, it pounded through my ears at a quick tempo. But when my car stopped, my heart still thudded away. I was in the middle of Aimee's driveway.