20: Rebirth.

Lalala :) Continued from last chapter. Hope you enjoy it! Well, yep. I had something else to say, but I forgot what it was. Go figure, I suck! YAY! - Emma

αααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααα

"Aimee?" I heard Jeff's voice waver as I grasped the door knob.

I turned around, "What?"

"I-I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me," he sighed as his heavy footsteps stopped next to me, "I'm really sorry about the way things ended. I know that you're probably over me and... I'm so selfish."

I shrugged as I stared into those green orbs, "I have Matt now, Mr. Seaberg. Whatever this was," I felt my throat closing up, "it needs to be over, once and for all. I can't do this. You're hurting me."

He didn't respond as he stared at me. You know, the one thing I never undertood was why he was so attached to me. Why couldn't he let it go? Then again, I couldn't let it go either. Because every damn time I saw him, my throat closed and I almost cried. I longed for his touch, I knew that much, but I couldn't encourage it. I couldn't.

"I didn't know," he said quietly, "You should leave."

I nodded and exited his office. But as I left, I felt a piece of my heart break off and land right on the floor. Would he pick it up?

αααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααα

αααααMARCUS' POVααααα

As I rounded the corner, I noticed Aimee, standing outside my brother's door. Her fists were clenched as she turned and stared at the wood of the door. She let a small sob escape from her mouth. My heart ached for her as she walked in the opposite direction of me.

My plan was working... She was so depressed and alone. It would work out perfectly for me.

I chuckled as I phased through the door of his office. My own brother was reduced to nothingness. I smirked victoriously. This is exactly what I needed.

"So, how's it going?"

He glared murderously at me, "Fuck off, Marcus."

"You know, for an alpha, you're pathetic. You're more of an omega if you ask me... Seriously, you can't even get your shit together without her? She isn't that great." In fact, she was better than great. We both knew that.

"This is all your fault," he growled, "I'm fine, ass hole."

"That's why you've been sulking around ever since? I'm your brot-" I watched him carefully as he lifted one of his ceramic mugs off the top of his bookshelf. I didn't have to wonder what he was doing. I chuckled, as he thought he was being sneaky. I knew his every move.

"STEP BROTHER!" he shouted as he threw the mug at my head. I dodged it easily.

I hissed, "One in the same, Jeff."

"Marcus," he sighed in a defeated tone, "Leave me alone. Are you fucking happy because I'm miserable as hell? Congratulations, you forced me to get rid of the one thing in life that gave me meaning. The one thing that made me feel like LESS OF A MONSTER is gone forever. NOW, I MIGHT AS WELL EMBRACE IT!" his nostrils flared as he glared at me. His eyes were flickering as he struggled the dominance of the beast inside of him. Thank God I could control myself.

Well, I guess now is the time to skedaddle! I glanced at his open office window. Perfect getaway.

"You've always been a monster and that's all you'll ever be to her. Surely you don't believe that Aimee isn't afraid of what you can become?" I chuckled and slowly shuffled towards the window, "Bye, Brother," I said quickly as my body morphed into a blackbird. I hopped onto the ledge of the window and swooped outside. I spread my wings, embracing the cold wind under my wings.