Dude Run - Teen!Dean Winchester

Start from the beginning

You glanced back and forth between him and the bottle hesitantly. This wasn't your first beer, but just the thought of getting caught there was Dean was what troubled you.

Ever since the Winchesters came back to town a couple weeks ago, your friendship with Dean has blossomed into something more. You always playfully flirted with each other, but it was never serious. At least until that one night after school, when he took you out in his dad's impala.

"It's beautiful out here," you marveled at the sight of the stars above. Both you and Dean were lying on the hood of the impala, gazing into the night sky.

After school, Dean drove you out to the woods to look at the stars. "I know right," he smiled.

"So do you do this with every girl or what?" You smirked, turning to face him with your elbow on the hood.

"No, you're the first. Usually we're busy doing other things than looking stars," he admitted.

"You're so gross," you laughed and punched him in the arm.

He chuckled, "I mean it. I usually just drive out here on my own, play some Led Zeppelin and take a breather. All this hunting stuff, it's just a lot to deal with, you know? Sometimes I just need a break from it all."

"Yeah, I get the feeling," you nodded, resting on your back. "Well thanks for letting me share the experience with you, Dean. Means a lot."

"I actually wanted to tell you something. And I feel like here's the best place," Dean said.

Perplexed, you turned back to face him. "What is it?"

"(Y/N), I really like you. And before you say anything, I know I have a certain reputation for not being the committed type, but there just something about you that makes you different from every other chick I've met," he explained. You were left speechless.

"Fine," you snatched the beer from his hand and took a swig.

"That's my girl," he grinned before opening his bottle.

"You know...this whole sneaking around thing isn't going to work, right?" You set your drink aside. "Our dads are hunters. They're going to find out sooner or later about us."

"Okay," Dean shrugged.

"Okay?" You raised a brow.

"What's the problem?"

"Oh I dunno, maybe the fact that my dad would kick your ass if he found out."

"(Y/N), Bobby loves me like a son," Dean said.

"Yeah, but he knows your track record. And I don't think he wants me, his own daughter, to be involved in that long list. And he's going to find out sooner or later. We can't keep sneaking around forever."

"I've got this under control, (Y/N). Have a little faith."

"Dinner's ready!" Bobby called out from downstairs.

"I guess we'll find out then," Dean sent you a quick wink before hopping off your bed to head downstairs.

"Oh boy," you muttered under your breath as you followed.

~Time Skip~

"Really outdid yourself, Singer," John said as he finished off his first bite of turkey.

"Yeah this is great, Bobby," Dean added, flashing a smile. He took a seat beside you, wanting to witness your turmoil face to face.

"It's actually store-bought," you muttered, your eyes ingrained onto the plate below you.

"(Y/N)," your dad gave you a stern glare.

"What? It's true," you shrugged.

"Hey, give him some credit, (Y/N). It's not like you can cook any better," Dean said.

You finally glanced up from your plate to see a sneer smirk plastered on Dean's face. "Am I missing something?" John furrowed his eyebrows. The whole table had its attention turned to you too.

"Actually, there's something I've been wanting to announce since we got here," Dean said. He had that familiar mischievous look on his face, signalling he was planning something that wouldn't end well on your part.

You sent him a warning glare and whispered, "Don't you dare."

"They should know. Like you said, he's going to find out sooner or later," Dean told you.

"Find out what?" Bobby asked.

With a wide smile, Dean took hold of your hand. "Sir, (Y/N) and I are dating."

"You're what?" Bobby's face turned as red as a beet and his eyes were filled with fury.

Dean's smile began to fade and his grip on your hand loosened. "Y-yeah...we've been together for a while now..."

The room was filled with silence. Dean's face grew pale and you were less scared for yourself now and more for his livelihood. Finally, little thirteen year old Sammy broke the awkward silence by looking his brother in the eyes and saying, "Dude, run."