7: My Signature Mistake

Start from the beginning

I found a piece of paper on my nightstand from one of my notebooks.

Aimee,

See you at the school for the field trip. Nice forgery, by the way, but I'll accept it. ;)

- JS.

"How did he know?!" I sighed in frustration. But I had already wasted 10 minutes getting up. I needed to look good today. I dropped the note, ran to the bathroom, and rushed through all my routines.

I piled my hair in a high curly pony tail on my head as I ran around my room, desperately trying to find my favorite blouse. It was a blue and tan striped single sleeved shirt. Luckily, it was hanging in my closet. I threw it on in a haste and slipped my worn skinny jeans on. My nude heels looked perfect the outfit. And to top it off, I put on my favorie heart shaped necklace that one of my other foster parents gave me for Christmas a few years back. I finished the look off with my blue peacoat.

But when I left my room, my hair tie snapped and my hair fell. I left it the way it was. I grabbed my dark blue purse and an apple as I slipped out the door. Matt was already in my car, waiting.

I slid in the seat and backed out of the driveway. I was stunned by the silence that I encountered all the way to school.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," Matt smiled.

"Okay," I parked the car and we both got out. We walked next to each other up to where the rest of the class was gathering, right in the front entrance way of the school.

I felt Blake's eyes on me as I stood there. I impatiently tapped my foot, waiting for this whole thing to start.

"Aimee," Matt tapped my shoulder, "He's coming this way. I know why you're so sexy today," he elbowed me slightly, "I'll be your lookout."

I rolled my eyes, "I knew I could trust you."

The devil himself walked straight up to us, "Trust him with what?" he sent his signature smirk at me. His eyes moved up and down my body slowly, taking in the entire outfit before stopping right on my eyes.

"My deepest secrets?" I laughed and raised my eyebrow at him.

He nodded and began to walk towards the front of the pack.

"He's so whipped," Matt coughed out like an animal. Not that I'd expect any less from him. Werewolf, "Damn, did you see the look on his face? Priceless. He almost went wolf."

"How can you tell by looking at his face?"

"Later," he said as he turned his attention towards Mr. Seaberg.

"Alright everyone, let's get on the bus. I'll collect permission slips as you get on."

So we all left the building and started lining up to get on the bus. The only problem was that Matt and I were a little slow to get on the bus. We were one of the last ones on. So we had to sit in the front of the bus. It sucked.

"He was getting protective of you - that's why he just walked away. He was controlling the inner beast. But teeth were really what made me notice. They were sharper than normal. It's a wolf thing."

"Isn't everything?"

He pushed me playfully, "Fuck you."

"Place and time. I'll be all yours, baby," I threw him a wink.

Of course, Jeff got on the bus and sat in the seats in front of Matt and I with the notorious Mike. Why Mike was coming on a field trip, I wasn't sure of. Too weird for me.