63 - One Month Later

Chapter 63 | One Month Later

--Monica's POV-- 

One month.

An entire month of moping and crying and screaming. Of unwanted media attention. Of missing my first born. Of fucking hell.

"You ready?" Harry asked.

We were going to visit Ed today. All of us. Zayn. Fuck Zayn. I hate him so fucking much. Why would he do that? I don't even want to think about it. All this stress isn't good for the baby.

"Yeah. I guess. I'm scared." I admitted.

"Don't be so scared, Love." Louis said hugging me.

"Then what am I supposed to be?" I asked.

Silence. Something I'm tired of hearing. I walked out the house and we all piled into our van before riding to L.I.A.. Harry parked the van around back so no one will get any ideas and Louis was driving the other so he parked behind us. We got out and walked to the front desk on the inside.

"Mr. and Mrs. Styles, glad to see you." Then she pushed a button. "Dr. Inne, paicent Edward Styles' family at the front desk."

Soon a women about my height came over. She was pudgy and cute. Like a baby. Is that weird? Probably . . . yeah. She had a clipboard and a pen in her hands. Dressed in green scrubs and a neat bun. She smiled at us.

"Hello. Now, I'm getting straight to the point. You aren't allowed to speak to him." She said which shocked me.

"But --"

"I know. I know but it'll help, trust me. There is a glass, you can see him but he cant see you. He draws on the walls so if you see something you don't like, tell us and we'll remove it. Okay, you set to see Edward?" She asked, I sighed. "Oh keep that chin up."

We walked down a long hall and to a back room. There was a giant window and inside the small, white room was a boy sitting on the floor, looking down at his legs. He was pale and looked as frail as paper. All you could see was brunette curls. Drawings all over the walls; nothing serious, just little pictures. Two women came into the room and walked over to him.

"Edward?" The first one said. He looked up and we all gasped. Never would I have imagined my son to look so sick, so helpless, and so broken. I turned side ways and hugged Harry while we watched Ed. "Edward, can you show me your arm."

He held his twig-like arm out to the women and she grabbed her satchel, pulling a needle out it. It was huge but Ed didn't even flinch when she stabbed it in his arm. The other one left his food for him and when they left he grabbed the tray and stood up. He walked over to the trash can and tossed it in.

He's not eating.

Then looked up at the glass.

Right at me.

He placed his hand on the glass and sniffled. "Mom?"

I cover my mouth with one hand so I wouldn't sob loudly and took the other and placed it on the glass on top of his. He looked down and started sobbing while Harry buried his head in my hair, doing almost the same. The door opened and he turned. In came another patient dressed in white, a women. Long blonde hair, and she was definitely taller than me. She carried her tray in still looking back out the opened door.