48 - A Day Out

Enjoy the picture on the side. I am helplessly in love with Louis William Tomlinson!

JesseTommo<3

_________________________________________

Chapter 48 | A Day Out

--Monica's POV--

Me and Zayn sat silently, staring at each other, confused on how to close this awkward conversation. There's that feeling again. That I-feel-like-a-teenager feeling, but not the good one's like I get with Harry, the oh-I'm-so-in-love one's but the why-God-fuck-my-life-I-give-up ones. I don't really know how to react to this. I mean everyone knows Zayn. He is the definition of Tall, Dark, and Handsome. He's just not my Tall, Dark, and Handsome. And he loves me. Love is a big word.

"A-Are you sure?" I asked quietly.

"I'm positive." He whispered back, as if we were hiding something from someone, which, in a way, we were.

"But, w-why me? Out of millions of women flinging themselves at you, your beautiful wife, me?" I asked as I crossed my legs on the couch.

He got up and sat by me, which was a little uncomfortable. How would you feel if you just got engaged to yesterday, for the second time, and is happy in love with your fiancé and then find out your sworn enemy loves you? Sure as hell don't feel good.

"Look at you. You're beautiful. Big blue eyes, long dirty blonde hair that you insist on wearin' in a bun 24/7, converse are your life. You're just such a simple person and that make you so attractive." He said eyeing me. "Perfect body, you're smart, you have a lazy style because you don't care what people think of you, you give whoever the finger, and you are just . . . you."

"But Zayn . . ." I stopped. He inches closer rubbing his surprisingly soft thumbs over my cheeks. I took in a sharp breath when he licks his lips and looks down at mine. I close my eyes.

It feels like his drawing me in. Maybe with his warmth, his scent of Old Spice and cinnamon, or maybe just by how quiet it is. I opened my eyes and was boring back into his brown ones. Wow, his eyes are beautiful. I found myself placing my hand on his cheek, his stubble sticking at my fingertips.

"I don't know what to do anymore." He whispered quietly.

I closed my eyes and sighed before opening them back. He took the chance and pressed his lips against mine and I kissed him back. His hands moved down to grasp on my waist, mine still holding onto his cheeks, deepening the kiss. When we pulled apart he store at me before hugging me tightly before whispering,

"I'm sorry I love you. I didn't mean to ruin anything."

Then the bus door swung open and in came a loud bunch of people. God, that was close.

"Heyo! Look, they aren't fighting! Yay!" Niall yelled. I smiled at them weakly. C'mon Monica. Chin up, fake smile, and breathe. Simple.

"I'm so happy. No more fighting." Perrie said before kissing Zayn's cheek. The same cheek I was once holding, the same one I was pulling closer to me. No, stop.

I felt a little uneasy so I got up and walked to the bathroom. Everything began to feel tight and the air was struggling to get into my lungs. I flapped my shirt, hoping for relief but got none. Harry knocked on the wall beside the door, grabbing my attention, before leaning on the frame.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Mhmm. Just hot. I'm about to change and go for a run."

I didn't want to run. I want to sleep, but I have to get off this bus. The guilt is killing me alive and I cant take it.