47 - Why You Gotta Go And Make Things So Complicated?

Chapter 47 | Why You Gotta Go And Make Things So Complicated?

--Blair's POV--

It was the next day and paparazzi were constantly following us. Me and Ed were just out walking Baby today here in California because we leave tomorrow for Miami. We were walking down the beach, our hands mended together with our feet in the sand and Ed holding Baby on a leash.

"Its so beautiful out today."

"Its always better when you're around." He said.

"You're so cheesy."

"I know." He sighed in content. "I cant wait to show you my school and you can meet my friend Granger! Granger is a pretty awesome guy. I haven't seen him in a while."

"Maybe we can visit Victoria." I whispered. He frozen completely, stopping and taking in sharp gasp for air.

"What?" He asked.

"I said maybe we could go see Victoria. I didn't think it was cause that much of a problem. I'm sorry." I said.

"No. Its just weird hearing people talk about her. I barley remember what she looks like." He said sitting in the sand. I placed Baby on my lap and she closed her eyes while I pet her.

"Go on." I said quietly.

"It just, I still cant believe she's gone. And I forgot. I keep thinking she's home but . . . but she's not. She's dead. Gone. Dust. I promised myself I wouldn't forget her but I did. I forgot. I wasn't supposed to forget." He said burying his head in his hands, groaning in frustration.

I placed my hand on his back and rubbed it in circles. "Everyone forgets."

"But I forgot her. She was my best friend for years. We did everything together and I just . . . I let it all go." He whispered the last part.

"Edward its not your fault." I said.

"But --"

"Its not. Everyone forgets. Its easy to forget that's why you feel guilty, because you forgot, but that doesn't change anything about you. It doesn't change the way I see you at all. You're still the charming boy I'm helplessly in love with." I said.

He smiled at me. "I love you, too, B." He kissed my cheek and stood up. I stood up beside him still holding baby, as she was asleep and looked at Ed.

"Where to sir Styles?"

"Lets go . . . I don't know. Where do you want to go?"

"Lets just keep walking." I suggested. He nodded and we started walking down the beach.

--??? POV--  

He proposed to her on live television. He bought them a house. He paid for all his bandmates, their wives, kids, and family friend to come out for the rest of tour. He's man of the fucking year. I groaned and downed another shot.

"Price 'a shit." I sneered throwing the shot glass at the wall.

I watched as the tiny glass cup slam into the wall and shatter when it hit the floor. Tiny pieces of glass spluttering everywhere near and leaving sparkling spots on the floor. I found myself thinking about how I met her. How I met my Monica.

~Flashback~  

It was late. Very late. At least 11:40 and I was drunk. Not even drunk, pissed. I need a cigarette. I turned my head from the road and reached into the glove box, that's when I looked and heard a horn. I saw lights before I slammed into another car. I squeezed out of my car and ran to the other one. I completely knocked it off the road.