51 - Hopefully

Chapter 51 | Hopefully

--Edward's POV--

I cracked open my eyes, but I felt no pain.

Because I wasn't shot.

Sara was lying on the sidewalk, clutching her side tightly. I rushed over to the crazed gun holder and tackled him onto the ground, punching him until he was out. I walked back over to Sara and sunk to the ground beside her. I sobbed.

"Why did you do that?!" I yelled.

"So you wouldn't -- so you -- ow." She whispered before shutting her eyes tightly.

"No Sara. C'mon. Open your eyes. Here. We have to apply pressure." I said before ripping off my shirt and pressing it on the wound. She took in a sharp breath. "Sorry."

"Edward, stop. There's no way." She whispers.

"There is! There is! Sara --"

"Edward, its different for everybody, okay?" I nodded. "I'm going away."

"But you cant. You were my mom, my friend, and my sister. You cant leave me." I cried, still holding the blood soaked shirt to her side. She grabbed my arm.

"Its not my decision."

"Tell Frankie and Tori I said hi." I said quietly, hugging her tightly.

She smiled weakly,"I promise I will. I love you okay? Don't think otherwise. The worst things in life come free to us."

"I love you, too, mom." I said before kissing her forehead. When I pulled away her eyes were shut and her body was still and she was gone.

"Sara, please come back!" I yelled into the night. "I'm not ready for you to go."

But she didn't respond.

--Monica's POV-- 

We were sitting in the living room listing to my iPhone on the iHome while playing little board games and stuff. My phone rang so I just used the remote to press answer so it could travel through the speakers.

"Mom?" Ed's voice sounded through the house. He sounded like he was crying. Everyone turned to me and then to my phone.

"Yeah, baby?" He took a deep breath and started sobbing with the ocean beating in the back round. "Baby?"

"She's dead." He cried.

"Who's dead?" He was silent. Everyone was. "Edward, answer m--"

"Sara is. Sara's dead. And I need you." He cried.

"Where are you?" I asked while shuffling to the corner and slipping my feet into some Sperry's and grabbing the keys.

"100 Beachway Road." He said.

"Okay. I'll be there." I grabbed my phone and hanging it up. I shoved it in my pocket and noticed Harry was beside me shoving his feet in his boots.

"I'll watch Skyler and Jacob." Kelly said.

"Okay. Guys get your coats. Its cold." I said quickly, tossing on my jacket.

We all left out the room and got into one of those huge vans. No one knew where it was so I drove there and it was surrounded with cops.

"Bloody hell." I whispered before turning the car off and hopping out, everyone following in suit. I ran up to the CAUTION tape and tried to go around it but a cop stopped me.

"My son is in there!" I yelled.

"Ma'am, we are trying to get things straight. He needs to answer a few questions --"