54 - It'll Get Better

Chapter 54 | It'll Get Better

--Edward's POV--

I knocked on the cottage door four times before taking a step back. I shuffled my feet on the rug a few times. I hope she doesn't mind that I stay here for a bit. The door opened and I looked up to the shorter women. Her hair was white as usual and she had her glasses on the edge of her nose.

"Nana!" I said hugging her.

"Oh, Edward." She hugged back before pulling away and straightening out my polo's collar. "Look at you. You're so tall. Come in, please."

I nodded and grabbed my suitcase, rolling it inside. I closed the door behind me and she lead me to the den.

"What brings you to Cheshire?" Nana Barbrah asked.

"I wanted to get away from everything; media, drama, relationships; the list goes on." I said.

"I understand. Remember you're always welcomed here and you can stay as long as you like." She said. "Now shall I take you to your room or do you want to find it while I make some tea?"

"The second one." I said.

She laughed. "Okay." She said as she shuffled her way towards the kitchen.

I walked upstairs dropping my bag on each step until I finally made it to the top. I walked down the hall and to the last room. The door was open so I walked inside and looked around. The walls were blue, much like mine at home, and the carpet was a nice, fuzzy white. The dressers were black and there was a Tv on the low chester by the door. I shoved my stuff on the draws and my shoes in the closet. I walked down stairs and into the den where I came from and Nan was just placing a tray with a kettle and two cups on the coffee table.

"Thanks Nan." I said sitting beside her, but facing her, on the couch. "You know? For letting me crash here for a while."

"Oh Edward, anytime, its gets really lonely out here." She said before grabbing her cup and taking a sip.

"Why didn't you call? I always have time for family, Nan, I would've been here like that." I said snapping fingers.

"I know, but you are such a busy lad and, oh, I don't like bothering you all much."

"Nan, change out your house coat; we're going out tonight."

"What?" She asked placing her cup down.

"We're going out. Lets go to the shopping centre."

"What?"

"We're going shopping in London."

"Oh, no, Edward. I don't have any money for things like that."

"Grandma, I'm paying. No more excuses. Up, up." I said.

She chuckled lightly and said she'd be back. My phone buzzed for the millionth time on my pocket so I finally took it out and answered my mom's missed call while walking up stair to get some shoes. Hmm...6:30. Its still light out. We can hit a few shops.

"Hello?" I said.

"Dear God, Edward, where are you?" My mother asked.

"I'm at someone's house."

"You can't just leave --"

"Mom, two weeks. Its not like I ran off with some crazy guy. It'll be fine."

"Edward, you cant just keep running off! What of something does happen!? Do you even have your medicine!?"

"Mom, I know there's no way I can permanently get away, but damn, I cant get out for two weeks!?"