1 - Edward Jacobs ♪

Chapter 1 | Edward Jacobs

—Edward's POV—

"Moooooooooooooom. Let me sleeeeeeeeeeeeep." I groaned.

"If you don't get out this bed and down stairs in 3 minutes, so help me, Edward, I will need Jesus." mom joked. I chuckled at my mom and sat up. She was just walking out the room when I called her back.

"Yes?" she asked.

I walked up to her and hugged her thin frame. "I love you."

"Love you, too, Ed. What would you like for breakfast?"

"Don't worry bout it, mom. I'll make us some pancakes." I suggested.

"You don't have to."

"But I want to." I said.

"Oh aren't you sweet?" she coo'd, kissing my blushing cheeks and walking away.

I love my mom. I mean you have to be really strong to have a child at, like, 18 and take care of it with no help what so ever. Mom is strong. I walked to the washroom and fixed my self up before looking in the mirror. Its kinda scary how much I look like my dad but my dad doesn't even care. For as long as I remember, me and mom always had cameras on us just because I look like him. Mom told me about dad and what he did.

Flashback

"Mom, where is dad? You never told me." my 10 year old self asked.

"Baby, mommy was 18 when she found out she was pregnant and she was dating your father. He was in a band. A VERY famous band. I told him b-but he told me to leave. So I did. I moved far away a-and lost all contact. Your father is a dick. Remember that."

I nodded and pulled her in a hug.

"I'll never tell you to leave, mama."

"I know, baby. I know."  

End Of Flashback

I don't want to look like my father. He's a dick. He ran off with another girl. He wasn't a man. He makes me so mad some times. I just. . . I just. . .

Then I did something really stupid.

I heard my mom come running down the hall, yelling profanities in her thick British accent. I looked at her by the door with tears staining my face.

"I don't wanna look like him."

I don't care if I'm 15 and I'm crying to my mom. Do you know what its like knowing who your father is, trying to meet him, at least once, but he doesn't want to? I'm gonna find him one day and I'm gonna punch him square in his fucking face.

"Baby, I'm sorry." she said.

I fell into her arms, nuzzling my face in her neck, sobbing. My mom's single, thank God, and. she is a surgeon. She doesn't need any other men in her life. Not dad, not Grandad, not even the mail man. Just me, because I know I wont hurt her.

"Come on we need to go to the hospital and get you checked on." she whispered. I nodded and moved back, still sniffling.

"I'm sorry for punching your mirror and making you cry, mom." I said using my good hand to wipe the tears from her face.

She smiled through her tears. "You're a handsome young man."

"Thank you." I said with a smile.

"I'll go get my purse and we can go. We'll get something to eat on the way back. Go get your shoes on." she said.