52 - Mistakes

Chapter 52 | Mistakes

--Monica's POV--

Two weeks goes by really quick; Sara's service was sweet and short and she was buried right by her husband. Richard Walker is sentenced to life in prison and I'm so glad things are gonna be easier.

I was home, alone. Harry was out with Gemma getting a suit. I know Niall and Liam went golfing and as for Louis and Zayn, I have no idea. I was swirling a glass of wine while watching an older episode of Supernatural. I literally have no idea where the kids are at. All I know is that Ed and Jo are at her last ultrasound.

So yeah, its just me in some shorts and a thin strapped tank top, lounging on the couch, glass of wine, and Supernatural. Shit, its Tuesday. I need to check the mail. I got up from the chair and grabbed my house keys before walking out and locking the door. I waved at the paparazzi but kept walking to the mail box. I'm gonna kill Edward for leaving the gate open again.

"Hey Monica!? Monica can you sign this?!" One asked.

"Sure." I said before writing my name on the paper.

I ignored them and walked back up to the house, opening the door, and walking in. I looked through the mail one by one and saw nothing but fan mail. I took it upstairs and tossed it on Edward's bed before walking back down stairs. I sat back on the couch and grabbed my cup. Just as the commercial went off there was a knock at the door.

I groaned and got up. I'm so lazy. I opened the door and there stood Zayn, the last person I wanted to see right now, with roses. I slammed the door shut and leaned my back on it. Why the hell is Zayn here with fucking roses? I'm seeing things. Zayn wouldn't come here with roses infront of all these paparazzi. He wouldn't do that. Zayn is smarter than that.

He knocked on the door. "C'mon Monica. There's a lot of people with cameras out here."

I opened the door and he walked right in. Talk about polite. I closed the door and locked it. Me and Zayn. In one room. Alone. I don't like this.

"Is there something you need Zayn?" I asked showing no emotion.

"I just want to say sorry. For everything. I don't know what type of flowers you like so I just got roses because everyone likes roses, right?" He said with a dry chuckle at the end.

Wow, Zayn Malik is nervous. He was shuffling his feet; heel, toe, and back. His was biting down on his bottom lip and I'm surprised its not bleeding.

"They're for me?" I asked. Duh, you idiot. I'm the only one here. Why did I ask that? I'm so stupid.

"Yeah. I hope you like them." He said holding out the dozen of roses.

I grabbed then and sniffed them. "They smell wonderful."

"Yeah." He said.

"Imma go put these in a vase. Make yourself at home." I said.

He nodded and I walked down the hall to the storage room. I opened it and grabbed the tall, glass vase. I filled the vase in the bathroom before adding the roses. They are pretty. I carried them to the den and sat them on the corner table before stepping back and admiring them.