38 - Graduation, Conferences, & Inner Thoughts

Start from the beginning

"Hello. I'm assistant principal Swum and I'd like to present to you our rising 11th graders." She said getting a clap from the crowd.

Time to graduate.

-

Like I had assumed earlier, mom had ordered me and Jo, as soon as we stepped foot in the house, to get a frame from her crafts and supplies room and hang the laminated papers on the walls of our living room. Seems natural. I was just changing into some swimming trunks and grabbing a towel. I started my way down stairs when I heard someone struggling. I followed the sound to Jo's room and opened the door. Her back was facing me and she was trying to tie the bikini strap around back but I guess her little baby bump got in the way.

"Need some help?" I asked.

She jumped and turned to me. Blushing, she nodded and held the front while I tied the straps. I handed her my towel and got another one from the hall closet and we walked down stairs together. The Malik's were on the other side of the pool and it was about damn time I get to see Blair.

"EDWARD!" Blair squealed.

She ran over to me and I jumped into my arms, latching her legs and arms around my lower torso and neck. I spun her around and planted a kiss on lips earning an 'aww' from everyone. I put her down and hugged her tightly.

"I missed you."

"I missed you, too. I got your corsage." She said.

"Good."

Drake started to speak, "Do we leave and let them have a moment or do we just ignore th-"

"EDDY!"

I turned and saw Skyler running out the house. I assume the Tommo's are here. I lifted her off the ground and held her on my hip.

"Oh Eddy, I haven't seen you in ages."

I laughed,"I saw you a few hours ago."

"Yes. AGES! Now off to the pool sir Styles."

"Yes Miss Tomlinson."

She held onto my back and I ran her over to the slide that led into the pool and placed her down.

"Let me get in the pool and I'll catch you, okay?" I said. She nodded with a smile and started climbing. I positioned myself in the pool at the bottom of the slide and opened my arms.

"Ready?"

She nodded and let go sliding into my arms once she reached the water.

"Yeah!" She cheered.

She clinged onto my back while I swam around in the pool. She yawned and complained about being sleepy so Jacob carried her inside. I was tapped on the back and this time when I turned around it was exactly who I wanted to see. Blair. She hugged me tightly and we rested on the steps of the pool.

"Blair, your dad is gonna kill me." I whispered to her.

"No he wont." She said. "He'll learn to live with it." I smiled with a nod and mom gave me my phone which she said was constantly ringing. I placed it at me ear.

"Hello?"

"EDWARD!"

I pulled the phone away from my ear and everyone around me laughed. I placed it back on my ear and sighed.

"Gemma, are you trying to take my ear off!" I said. She laughed.

"Oops. I just wanted to tell you to open the front door. Me and Sara have been standing out here for ages."