Chapter 98: Betrayed

Michael's Point of View

I can't sleep, I've tried so many times, but it doesn't seem to work out. There's one thing, well, someone that's been on my mind recently. And, that someone is Nicole. I don't mean it like a "love" way, oh no.. I have my girl, but there's just something different about her. Like, if I have met her before, she reminds me of Stephanie so much, they could almost be twins. They way she acts, the way she talks, the way she moves, it's almost impossible. They seem like if they were the same person, only a slightly bit different. The only thing I'm doing right now is tossing and turning in bed, and I think it's noticeable to Charlotte, because she keeps on making groaning noises under her breath, "M-Michael?" Her voice gives out as a whisper, as she starts to rub her tired eyes while looking up at me. I rub her cheek comfortingly, and kiss her forehead as soon as she raises an eyebrow at me, "Michael, what's going on? What's wrong?" I chuckle nervously at her questioning, but try to sound calmer. She knows something's going on, because she's giving me "the look".

"Nothing's wrong, baby.. I'm sorry I woke you up, you can go back to sleep now.." I lie shamefully, trying to change the subject to something completely different. She crosses her arms and rolls her eyes at me, I wish I could tell her, but it's 2:00 a.m, and it's Christmas today.. I really don't want to mess up our mood's this early, just because it's a special holiday. She stares at me for a couple of moments, before the awkward silence gets cut off by Jessica's soft sobs. Charlotte gets up but I stop her, and get up instead, walking towards Jessica's crib. I lift Jessica up and begin to softly rock her from side to side, trying to stop her from crying. As soon as she starts lowering her volume, I begin singing a gentle and soft lullaby. After a couple of moments, I feel someone's lips on my cheek, my cheek goes completely red as her lips touch my skin in a gentle peck, it's amazing how she still makes me blush.. I honestly thought Charlotte would be with another guy by now, come on, she's perfect! She could get anyone she wants, but in the end, she chooses me..

"C-Charlotte.." I breathe out, setting Jessica down on her crib - since she stopped crying now - I walk towards where she is, and sit down on the bed shyly. I don't know why I'm so shy today, it's maybe because that kiss made my knees feel weak, or because I'm falling deeper and harder in love with her... Whatever it is, it's giving me butterflies, I sigh out before continuing with what I was going to say, "Doesn't Nicole remind you of someone?"

She pouts a little, and shakes her head before answering, "Let me guess, she reminds you of Stephanie, doesn't she?" Her voice cracks at the thought of Stephanie... I nod at her response silently, Charlotte is really sensitive about this kind of things, but I can't really blame her because it affected me in a negative way too.. Well, it affected everyone, period. A tear streams down her eye but she quickly wipes it away due to the fact that I'm staring at her right now.. I move closer to her, and out of nowhere, she hugs me tighter than ever, leaving me speechless. She has never hugged me so tight before, and it surprised me. I start to rub my hand up and down her back, trying to comfort her because I know she hates talking about this, but sometimes you have to take risks. She shakes her head to stop the tears from streaming down her face, as I grab her face in my hands. My eyes lock with her beautiful dark teal colored eyes, and deeper I look in them, I feel my whole body go weak... My thumb starts to rub against her soft cheek, as I feel the hotness of her blushing cheek, she pulls my hands down and raises an eyebrow. I look down as I feel her fingers under my chin, lifting it up, "Michael.." She whispers softly "Do you miss Stephanie?" She looks down as she starts to play with her fingers. I sigh and close my eyes for a steady second to think about my response to that question, I open my eyes once again and look down at her.

"I can't lie to you about that," I admit, feeling quite guilty "Yes, I miss her a lot, but you have to understand me, she was my first love.. Ever since Nicole came around, Stephanie has been a lost thought in my head. Recently, yes, I have thought a lot about Stephanie... But, babe.." I stop as soon as I see her face expression. Her lip is trembling, she's looking down at the palms of her hands, she looks so dark and hopeless now. I sigh and kiss her trembling lip, making her eyes widen. She shakes her head as my lip touches her's, so I pull away in disappointment.