Chapter 36: The First Day

Michael's Point of View

I wake up to the sound of my beautiful wife humming downstairs...I rub my eyes and smile, but then it turns into a frown...I am really sad that Stephanie killed herself..and I know it was kinda my fault but I don't like to say it in public because Charlotte will get mad at me...

I go downstairs quietly and see Charlotte in the kitchen cooking breakfast...I go behind her and wrap my arms around her...She gasps and then turns around...

"Good Morning" She kisses me

"Hmm, Good Morning.." I say.

"Michael, Remember today is your first day of your job as a teacher...Aren't you excited?"

Shit...I forgot...No wonder Charlotte woke up so damn early...Is 7:00 a.m, Duh!

"I forgot about that thing...*sighs*...I wanted to spend the day with you..."

She gives me a light smile "Aww baby, I wanted that too but duty calls...Today is easy for you, is half dismissal because of the snow storm..."

"Are you sure you are gonna be fine without me?" I ask

"Yeah...Lindsay will be coming later, she wants to talk to me about something..."

"Alright then, I'm gonna go get ready"

I go upstairs again and start getting ready, I already see that Charlotte got my clothes ready and my loafers and also my briefcase...That's my woman...

I finish getting ready and I look at my watch, 7:35 a.m...

I go back downstairs to eat me some yummy breakfast my wife made...I eat it and then when I'm ready to exit the house, Charlotte speaks to me...

"Baby, Good Luck on your first day...I love you"

I give her a peck on her lips "I love you too"

I kiss the twins goodbye and I am off to my first day as a Middle School teacher...I am glad today is a early dismissal...I'm gonna be a teacher of 3 classes, Math, Social Studies, Science...

I always liked those subjects when I was in school so, I wanted to try it out...I'm 18 but they said I could go work there, so why not?

I arrive at the new building...I exit my car and feel the gentle breeze hit my face...I start walking in the building when I crash into my old friend Patrick.

"Hey Patrick!" I say

"Hey Michael, Don't tell me you're gonna be the new teacher?"

"Yeah I am.."

"Damn that's great...You still the old Michael I knew?..You know, single?"

I chuckle "Nah, I'm married and I have 2 twins..."

"Who's the lucky lady?" He smirks

"Charlotte..."

He facepalms "Cameron's ex?..That sexy woman? Damn, Michael..."

I raise my eyebrow "Well thank you for the little heads up on how you see my wife..."

"Come on, Michael...You're gonna be late, Also..I'm gonna be working beside your classroom!"

"Great!"

We both enter the building and Patrick guides me to where I guess is my classroom...I see some few kids, Well I guess there's a little bit of students here because it's a early dismissal...