Chapter 44: It's Hard To Say Goodbye

Michael's Point of View

4 Years Later

Ok, So now me and Charlotte are 22 years old and the twins are 4 years old. Time really goes by fast, my little twins already can talk...and they are already in school. They are most adorable. Charlotte and me are doing great in our jobs also, but I have some bad news...I hope Charlotte wouldn't take it too far though.

Today is Saturday night and me and Charlotte are in our bedroom, while the kids are in their rooms playing with their toys.

I grab Charlotte's hands.."Baby, I've got something to tell you.."

"Yes? What is it, Michael?"

I sigh "On Monday, I will have to go to London for a whole week with my class, we are doing a project on it.."

Her smile turns to a frown "So, me and the kids wouldn't see you for a whole week?"

"I guess so.." I say sadly...

Charlotte leaves the room, I guess she's sad or angry...Or maybe both.

I also go downstairs and see the kids playing in the living room...

"Daddy?" Daryl says "Why is Mommy crying in the kitchen?"

"Wait, Mommy's crying?..Oh, Dang...Daryl, Don't worry...I'll handle this, you just keep playing."

"Okay, Daddy.." He says as he starts playing with his toys.

I go into the kitchen and see Charlotte's face covered with her hand, leaning on the counter..Shit.

"Baby...Please don't cry" I say as I wrap my arms around her

"How can I stop? I'm not gonna see you for a whole damn week, I-I'm gonna miss you so damn much"

I give her a warm smile and she cries on my shoulder "I'm gonna miss you too, believe me, I will miss you and the kids so damn much. But just wait, a week is gonna go by fast, I promise. Now please stop crying, I don't like to see you crying, Do it for me."

She wipes her tears and starts making Burgers...I feel really bad for telling her so soon, but she'll have to know sooner or later, I think I should tell the kids now...is better for everyone.

I go back into the living room and sit down on the big couch...

"Sarah, Daryl...I've got to tell you guys something..." I announce

"Yes, Daddy?" Sarah and Daryl say.

I take a deep sigh "On Monday Morning, Daddy is gonna go to London with his class for a whole week..."

"So, Daddy...Me and Daryl and Mommy wouldn't see you for a whole week?" Sarah asks

"That's right, sweetie..."

"Daddy, We will miss you, a lot" Daryl says

"Aww, Daddy will miss you guys too, Come here and give me a hug!"

Sarah and Daryl give me a hug and they go back to playing, Hmm..They didn't act so badly, like Charlotte...I guess, Charlotte started crying because she's my wife, she is used to be around me a lot...Maybe that's it.

Well, there's a lot of things that have changed over the past 4 years, Taylor and Charlotte are cool again...I have learned to let Stephanie and Kennedy's death go, and Charlotte has done the same for Ryan and her parents, but they still visit her here. The kids know what happened with Charlotte's parents and her brother, they cried but now they are getting used to it. For Cameron, he still loves Charlotte, he hasn't got over her...and for Chelsea, she's 4 years old like the kids and they go to the same school. And also, Lindsay and Brian had their third child, it's a boy and his name is Brian Jr.