Chapter 56: Hurt On The Inside

Charlotte's Point of View

"Michael, I'll be fine...Me and this baby will be fine, okay?"

"Are you sure you want me to go to work today?..I could call in sick and be here with you instead, well be here with my two babies.."

I pout a little and give Michael a sweet smile "Aww, Baby...I do want you to stay, but you got work today..Don't worry about me..."

"Alright, baby," Michael says as he looks at his watch "I got 15 minutes till I have to go, what do you wanna do till then.."

"Come lay with me, Michael..."

Michael jumps back on the bed, and holds me tight...then I feel a little pain on my tummy...I touch my tummy and Michael looks down at me in worry...

"Is everything okay?" Michael says as he puts his hand over mine on my tummy...

"I thought I felt something, like a kick.." I say

"But, you have been pregnant for 4 weeks, don't you think is a little soon for this baby to start kicking?"

"I don't know, maybe because the baby knows that their daddy is leaving soon to work, and it doesn't want you to leave.."

"Awww..." Michael says as he kisses my tummy "Don't worry, darlings, daddy is gonna be back soon, I promise"

I look at the time on my phone, is nearly 8:00 a.m...Michael should be going now.

"Michael, Is nearly 8:00 a.m...Shouldn't you be going now?"

He sighs "I don't want to leave now, I want to spend this time with you and my baby.."

"Michael, I want to spend time with you too, but you got work to do."

"I know," Michael says as he stands up again "I'll be home soon, okay?..."

"Alright, Michael.."

"I love you so much, baby girl..and I love this baby too" Michael says as he kisses me and my tummy...

"We both love you too, Michael.."

"I'll be home soon, okay?..And if you need anything, call me..."

"Yes, Michael, I've been pregnant before, I know..." I say as I stand up and wrap my arms around his neck "Thanks for taking such good care of me and this baby..."

"Is my job to look after the people I love..." Michael says as he looks at his watch "Shit, I gotta go or I'll be late...I love you, baby...Bye!!"

"Bye, baby..I love you too"

Michael leaves and closes the door, Great, now I'm here all alone, doing nothing. I know he just left, but, I already miss him so much...But, I am not gonna bother him, he needs to focus on his work.

I'm gonna call Lindsay, she's not doing anything, and I really want to spend sometime with her..

"Hello?" Lindsay answers..

"Girl, what you doing?"

"Nothing really...Why?"

"I wanted to know if you could come over, you know to hang out.." I say hoping she would say yes..

"Sure, I could really use you right now.."

"What's wrong?" I say

"I'll tell you everything when I get to your house.."