Chapter 88

"Woah take it easy Maurice." Said Brent laughing back. "Congratulations on the engagement, the both of you." Kim said to both August and Brent. I didn't know they got engaged. "How did you know Brent proposed?" Asked August in surprise. "I don't know know lucky guess maybe?" Kim said trying to hide her secret.

"Kim why are your eyes purple?" Asked Brent feeling bewildered. "Uh they're contacts." She answered quickly. "Honey, I need to tell them everything after Adam leaves." She said to me telepathically. "I know baby. I know. I also need to talk to you about the new power you have." I think back at her.

"Alright Adam, go into the booth the lyrics are placed on the stand inside and let me know when you're ready." I say to Adam as I sit at my computer. I see him walk inside put his headphones on and looks over the paper. I feel Kim sit next to me and kiss my cheek, and I blush. What can I say? She caught me off guard. I look up and see Adam giving me a thumbs up and I immediately press play. And turn on the mic.

"I know your insides are feeling so hollow

And it's a hard pill for you to swallow, yeah

But if I fall for you, I'll never recover

If I fall for you, I'll never be the same

I really wanna love somebody

I really wanna dance the night away

I know we're only half way there

But you can take me all the way, you can take me all the way

I really wanna touch somebody

I think about you every single day

I know we're only half way there

But you can take me all the way, you can take me all the way"

"You wrote this?" Asked Kim in surprise. "I co-wrote it.why do you ask?" I say softly. "It literally sounds like you wrote the entire thing." She said. "Thanks." I smile at her. "The song sounds very beautiful." She said as she kissed my cheek.

"Alright Adam that sounds epic!" I say in excitement as he nailed down the song in one take. I burn the song song with his vocals on cd and hand it to him. "I'll see you guys in LA then. It was very nice to meet you Kimberly and Renee." Said Adam as he hugged Renee and Kimberly.

Kim's P.O.V

"Alright Tedder spill the beans, how did you know Brent proposed to me?" Asked August as we all made sure Adam left. I was about to speak, when out of nowhere Ryan cuts me off. "She's an alpha." He said walking into the recording booth. "What?!? Is that true?" Asked August in shock. I nod guiltily. "Kim that's incredible!! So that explains the change in eye color." She said in amusement. "Yeah." I say smiling weakly.

"Hmmm doesn't look like Ryan seems too happy about you becoming the new alpha." Said Eddie teasing Ryan. Everyone agrees with Eddie except for Zach and myself. "I am happy for her!" Shouted Ryan over the mic. "I'm gonna take a break." He said walking out. Renee looks at me. "Go after him !"she said telepathically. I nod at her and run after Ryan.