Chapter 86

"He said that you're eyes changed color because you're a female alpha and that the purple represents the power to have psychic abilities." He said with a sigh. "Ryan, honey, are you okay?" I asked noticing that he was sad. "I'm alright babe it's nothing. I'm gonna go meet up with Zach and pick up the other guys from the airport." He said staring into my eyes.

I walk over to him and sit on his lap. "I love you Ryan." I said and kissed him on the lips. He responds to my kiss by cupping my face with both hands. "I love you too." He says between breaths. I get off him so he can get up from the chair. We say goodbye and he leaves. I decide to call Renee.

"K.J.!!! What's up?"

"Hey Renee! Nothing much. I was just wanted wanted to know if you want to come over for some coffee?"

"Are you kidding? Hell yes I'm going. We haven't had any girl time in a long time. I'll be there in half an hour."

"Great! Call me when you get here."

"Alright see ya later!"

"Bye K.J."

I hang up and head into the bathroom. I decide to let my hair breathe from straightening it so much and just leave it curly. "Perfect!" I say looking at myself in the mirror. I threw on a white t-shirt, red skinny jeans and tan ugg boots. My phone rings.

"Hello?"

"K.J. I'm outside.

"Alright I'll be right out."

As I walk out the door, I grab my leather jacket. "Hey K.J.! You look great!" Said Renee pointing at my baby bump. "Thanks!" I say hugging her. It's not that much of a bump but its noticeable. "Kim, are your eyes, are they purple?!?!" Exclaimed Renee. "Shhh! I'll explain that later." I said shutting her up. We head to Starbucks and just start talking. "So Kim, how are things with you and Ryan?" Asked Renee. I look down at my hands.

"Kim what's wrong? What did he do? I'll kick his ass." Said Renee starting to get angry. "No he didn't do anything wrong. I mean, I thought he did, but he didn't so now I feel like a jackass." I sigh. "Why? What happened?" She asked in concern. "I thought Ryan was cheating on me because he got a phone call from a woman in the middle of the night and when I asked him who it was he said it was his sister. He doesn't have a sister. So in the morning I confronted him and it turns out he got me things for our twins." I said feeling sad.

"Kim, I have a confession to make." Said Renee feeling guilty. "What happened Renee?" I ask giving a quizzical look. "That woman Ryan was on the phone with last night... That was me I called him. Zach told me to call Ryan for him because we got you clothes and toys for the babies." She said sadly. I hug her. "Oh honey, don't be sad, it's okay." I said comforting her.

She wipes the tears from her eyes. "So tell me what's up with the new eye color? Are those contacts?" She said trying to poke my eye. I smack her hand away. "Hey! They're not contacts!" I yell loud enough for her to hear. "Well Ryan called his father and he said that I'm an alpha female. The eye color involves having the ability to predict things long story short." I say as I took a bite into my bagel.

"What? That's incredible." Said Renee. "Yeah it is." I smile weakly at her. "What does Ryan think about that." She asked. "Honestly, I don't know if he really is happy for me. He is considered the alpha of the pack. But since his father said that I'm an alpha I think he feels threatened." I said looking down at my hands.

"Well have you talked to him?" She asked me. "No. Not really. I was about to but Ryan got a call from Zach to go pick up the guys from the airport and record music at Patriot Studios." I said reliving a memory Ryan and I had there, causing me to smile. "We'll you have to talk to him tonight." She said sternly.