Chapter 9

I begin to think hard. My body leaps into the air and lands on four legs. I put Ryan on my back and prayed that he held me tight. I howl and start sprinting down the alley and run within the shadows. Luckily the hotel wasn't far from where we are. We get to the hotel  parking lot and I phase back into human form. "Ryan wake up please wake up!" I beg and I feel tears going down my cheeks. He groans. "Ryan thank god you're okay." I say between sobs. I help him get to his feet and we limp into his suite and I laid him on the couch.

I run into the bathroom and find a first aid kit and rush back to Ryan's side. He groaning in pain. I grab a knife in the kitchen wrap it around one of his towels and I put it in Ryan's mouth. "You might wanna bite down on that because this might might hurt." I couldn't find any rubbing alcohol so I have to use your bourbon. I poured some on one of his towels and started to disinfect the gash on his ribs.

"FUCK!" He screams out. He bites down on the towel-wrapped kitchen knife. My eyes start to swell up as I see him more in pain. "Please... Don't cry" he says weakly. I start to stitch up his wound and I hear him bite down on the knife harder. "It's okay Ryan I'm almost done." I say as I manage to hold back my tears. I cut off the remaining nylon and try to get Ryan to sit up to wrap some gauze around his midsection. His body scarred and it's all my fault. I help him up and he limps towards the bed and lays on it.

I gave him some water and painkillers and let him fall asleep. I laid next to him and kissed his forehead. "Please be okay Ryan." I say to myself.