Chapter 34

"I'm going to make a few calls babe. I'll be right back." He says softly. "Okay honey." I say to him closing my eyes. Boy, am I tired. I'm actually quite nervous about tomorrow. I just hope my parents like him and his parents like me. All those thoughts go running in my mind and it won't help me sleep. I grab my phone and plug my headphones in my ears: 

"Everything about you turn me inside out."

"Everything about you got me upside down."

"Stepped into your roller coaster can't get out."

"Everything I'm looking for I've found."

I've got to remind myself to thank Paul for this song. I press the repeat button and drift off to sleep.  

I wake up in the middle of the night startled. "Ryan? Honey?" There was no answer. I get up from bed and grab his robe and wrap it around me. I walk in the hallway, "Ryan? Baby where are you?" I shout. "I'm over here babe!" He shouts out from the music room. I walk towards him as he's sitting at the table drinking the bourbon that I got him and eating banana chips. 

"What's wrong babe?" I say coming to hug him from behind. "Nothing honey I couldn't sleep." He replies holding my hand and kissing it. "Ryan? Can't sleep I find that hard to believe." I say jokingly. He smiles but his smile doesn't reach his eyes. "Ryan honey, what's wrong?" I say as I climb into his lap. 

"I had a bad dream." He says sighing. "About you." He says holding me in his arms. "It was horrible." "Well it couldn't have been that ba-" "I had a dream where you ended up dying!" He shouts cutting me off. "What?" I say in surprise. "I had a dream that I was fighting with Jack and he was about to shoot me and you ended up taking a bullet for me in the heart." He says with tears in his eyes.