Chapter 28

"I love you too." I say wrapping my arms around his neck. "Honey it's okay. I'll do whatever it takes to keep you safe. Remember we're bound to each other for life and you're going to be my wife." He said." I look at the ring he gave me. "It's very beautiful baby I realized I never told you with everything that happened." I say. "Don't worry about it babe. Now lets get out of here I'm starving." He snorts at me. I help him put his shirt on, his jeans, socks, and sneakers. Finally I help him put put on his hoodie. He managed to put the good arm inside the sleeve and I gently place the other sleeve on his bad arm. 

"Can you walk okay honey?" I ask as I help him off the bed. "Yes I can walk fine it's just my arm." He says. "We leave the hospital and hail a cab. We get inside the cab and my phone rings. 

"Hello?" 

"Hey Kim it's August. Listen I want to thank you for saving my life." 

"August, I didn't do anything it was Brent and the others who saved all of us." 

"Brent said that if you didn't contact him, Ryan, you and I wouldn't be alive. So thank you." 

"Well you're welcome." 

"Okay I gotta go. Brent is going to take me out to eat. See ya around." 

"See ya!" 

"That August thanking you?" Asked Ryan. "Yeah." I say looking up at Ryan. "She's right you know. You are a hero. If it wasn't for you, I'd probably be dead." He said as he kisses me on my forehead. I tell the taxi driver to stop by 42nd street. I pay the fee and we head out of the cab. "Where are we going?" Asked Ryan concerned. "Well remember, you never had Colombian food." I wink at him.