Dika's 'Dairy'

When Alfred first found Dika, she kept a dairy type of thing to keep track of what she saw and felt in America. Yet they were more letters to her family. Each day she wrote it to either one of her brothers or her aunts. She barely wrote to Ivan in the thing because even thinking about telling him of America and how much she liked it hurt. She didn't want to think she was betraying him by liking another country. Maybe three of the letters in it are to Ivan. And she filled a very think notebook up with just letters to her family. And she'd never sent or let them seen any of them. 

And you could easily tell how she was feeling that day. If she had a great day the letters were filled with just nice, cheerful stuff that she wanted to tell them. Yet if she had a bad day, the letter would be filled with questions she wish she could ask and how much she missed her family. The most sad she sounds is in one letter when she remembered being called a traitor and communist by a few of the other states. So much that she had to go to their boss and pledge to them that she was only for America and no longer her home country. It just broke her. So she wrote to the only person who she could think of at the time: Ivan. 

But that's her dairy that tells of all her tales and stuff and trying to fit in to American ways and stay true to her Russian roots. Both which weren't easy tasks.