New Sister (Short Story)

"Way to go you stupid Dane!" Lukas snapped at Mathias who had ended up crashing the boat they were on in the rocks. It wasn't a bad hole and could easily be fixed, but they were stuck on the island for a bit. 

"I didn't see them," Mathias told his boyfriend, looking at the other three Nordics. 

"We're still stuck thanks to you," Emil said, looking at the boat. "You should have gone a little slower when we got to closer to th-" 

"Hey," Tino spoke up, looking more down the shore. "There's a little girl watching us!" 

"What?" the other Nordics, besides Berwald, said, looking where Tino was. Sure enough, there she was. She was hiding behind a rock, just staring at the people who had crashed onto the island. She looked worried when they all saw her, hiding more behind her rock. 

"Who is she?" Emil asked. 

"I don't know," Lukas said, walking to the girl's rock, "but I'm going to find out." 

The other four followed him, wondering what he was going to do. They watched has he got to the rock, looking down at the girl. Before he could say anything, she took off running. Of course since they wanted to know who she was and a mixture she was going to get hurt, the Nordic Five followed her. They ended up chasing her to a cliff close by, and the poor girl almost fell, giving out a tiny scream. 

"Got you!" Mathias said, picking the girl up before she could fall. "Hey, don't be scared. We're not going to hurt you." 

"P-promise?" she asked, holding onto Mathias tightly. 

"Promise," the Dane said. "So, who are you?" 

"My names Johanna, but people call me Faroe Islands a lot," she answered. "Who are you all?" 

"Well, we're the Nordic Five," Tino answered. "Mathias, Berwald, Lukas, Tino, and Emil. Or Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Iceland." 

"So where's your parents?" Emil asked the girl, looking at her. 

"I don't have any one to take care of me," Johanna answered, looking down sadly. "I'm all alone." That caused the five to look at each other. With just one nod, everyone knew what they wanted to take care of this little girl. 

"Why don't you stay with us than?" Berwald said, making everyone jump, even Johanna who had thought Berwald couldn't talk. 

"Okay," she said with a large smile. "But you're going to have to fix your boat first!" 

That made the Nordics laugh. They knew they were going to like this new member... and their new sister.