Einsamkeit (Short Story)

Ludwig sat in his room, staring up at the ceiling. Silent tears ran down his face has he thought about the past few years and the news he had heard with it.

World War two was over. Yet it came at many cost for Ludwig. Not only was his country cut into to, he was no longer allowed to see his best friends Feli and Kiku. He also wasn't allowed to see his two older brothers Gilbert and Roderich. Two years after they found out the war was over and no one was allowed to see each other, news come to Ludwig that almost made him break down and cry right there. Prussia was gone. He was worried his older brother, the one who raised him, would die. He wouldn't have been allowed to say goodbye or anything. The only good news that came to him was that Gil was alive. It was soon followed by the fact that Gil was now part of the Soviet Union. It wouldn't matter too much to Lud, yet the German hated Ivan's boss. Now a wall was standing between him and his brother and many other families. 

Ludwig tried to stop his tears from coming. Yet it was no use. They just kept falling down his face. He hated the new world they were living in. It seemed everyone was out to get him. He knew people hated him for what he did in that war. He hated himself for it too. He knew he would never get the image of those bodies pilled up, people begging to go home to family that was no longer there. He also felt like he dragged Kiku into that war which caused his people to be bombed. If Feli hadn't followed Ludwig into that war than he would be allowed to see his father and mother right now. Gilbert may still be a country if it wasn't for him. 

Ludwig hit the wall in angry. He kept repeating how sorry he was to the people he hurt because of that stupid war. His silent tears turned into heavy sobs. He was a broken country, both physically and mentally. 

"Einasmkeit," he sobbed, picking up a rope. "I can't handle it anymore.... I hate being all alone. Sorry Feli and Kiku.... sorry Elizabeta and Rod.... I'm very sorry Gil...... goodbye."