Hetalia? (Short Story)

Gaia was walking around, a small smile on her face. She was enjoying the quiet since most of her children had left to go on some trips. She even let her children that was stuck on the island to go spend some time with them. Though Feli had decided he wanted to stay on the island for some odd reason. 

She stopped outside the boys door when she heard singing coming from it. She peaked in, seeing Feli drawing on his bed, not noticing the woman. He was singing a song in Italian, looking very happy. Gaia grinned, enjoying listening to her son sing, thinking what a wonderful voice she had. She looked at him when his song was over and he started to sing another one. 

"Hey hey Papa, can I have some wine? Hey mama, hey mama, 

I can't get the taste of that bolognese we had a long time ago out of my head. 

Draw a circle, that's the Earth. 

Draw a circle, that's the Earth. I am Hetalia. 

Ah, you can see the magnificent world with one stroke. 

Toast with a big boot! Hetalia!" 

Feli looked up when he heard his mother clapping for him. He grinned and ran over to her, hugging her tightly. 

"Mama!" the Italian exclaimed, smiling down at the woman. "Did you like my song? I wrote it myself!" 

"I love it my little Feli," she told him, brushing some dirt off his clothes. "But I didn't like one thing." 

"What?" the boy asked with a pout. 

"The Hetalia part. You're not Hetalia. You're not useless Italy. You're my little Feli." 

"But Mama, I am useless! I can't do anything for the others! How does that not make me useless?" 

"Because Feli, you do so much more than you think," Gaia says. "You hold everyone together, and none of you know it. You bring a smile to their faces with how sweet and innocent you act. You've made bonds that none of the others would have made without you. Without you Ludwig and Kiku more than likely wouldn't be friends. Without you Gilbert wouldn't be so strongly tied to your brother. Without you I don't even think the others outside the Axis would be the same. You give Francis a chance to be a good big brother. You give Spain a little chance to act like a father to someone besides Romano. Without you Feli, the others wouldn't be the same. If that's useless, than I would love to know what useful is." 

Feli hugged his mother tightly, tears in his eyes. For the first time in a long time, the Italian felt much more than Hetalia. He felt like he mattered. He decided than that if he did ever become useless, he would never be useless to his mother.