Siblings (Short Story)

The Baltic brothers were sitting around boardly, not having anything to do. Ivan was out of town so they didn't have to work. Raivis was the first to break the silence the three had been in first.

"Toris, Eduard, when do you think we'll see Dika again?" he asked his older brothers, looking at them.

The older two only stared at him, no answer to be given. It had been more than a hundred years since they last saw their sister. They missed her greatly.

"Boys!" they heard Ivan call. He walked in, a large smile on his face. "I have a surprise for you."

"Really?" the three asked. Raivis sounded my h more excited than his older brothers, making the Russian laugh.

"Da!" he said. "Follow me."

The four walked out of the room. Ivan stopped outside of Dika's old room. The three looked at each other, worried Ivan had taken out all or Dika's old stuff to leave room for the surprise.

Yet when the door opened, everything was in place. Yet standing near the window was the Alaskan they had been losing since she left.

"Dika!" the three cried, rushing over and hugging her tightly.

"Toris! Eduard! Raivis!" she exclaimed. "I missed you three so much!"

"We missed you too," Eduard told her. "Hasn't been the same without you."

"Don't leave again," Raivis begged her.

"I won't," Dika told him, hugging the three tightly. "I won't leave ever again. I'm here yo stay."