You're Okay (Short Story)

Dika was pacing in the empty waiting room, running her hands though her white hair. She was nervous about him beyond her mind. She didn't know if he was going to be okay or not, and she sure didn't want to live the rest of her life without him. 

Earlier that day Dika and Matthew had been having a good time together. The Alaskan's boss and father didn't need her today, and the Canadian didn't have any plans. So for them it was the perfect time to just go walk around town, you know, couple things. They hand been watching some of the geese fly by a lake when someone bumped into Matthew. It would have been fine if the man had know the Canadian was there. Yet he didn't. He ran full force into the blond, sending him into the lake out of breath. The Alaskan thought he was going to be okay and able to get out, but it had turned out the Canadian was drowning under the water. After diving in and rescuing the man, she had to rush him to the hospital. 

That was where she had been for an hour now. Her boyfriend was still passed out in the room. She had spent a good ten minutes trying to reach someone in his family, but it seemed they were all busy or left their phones at home. 

She sat down sighing a little. She just wanted to go into his room and hold him closely. Yet the nurses and doctors wouldn't let her in until he woke up. She found that very stupid since she wouldn't touch anything but his hand. She turned around quickly when she heard a door open. She grinned when she saw the blond man she loved standing in the door way. She rushed over, making sure he was fine before throwing her arms around him. 

"Mattie you're okay!" she exclaimed happily has Matthew hugged her back. He gave her a small nod has the two just stood there, hugging each other in the hospital's waiting room.