FACE Family (Short Story)

Everybody loves their family! Most of the time everyone has something in common and everyone gets alone! Well that wasn't very true for the FACE family. What's that you may ask. Well it's France, America, Canada, and England of course! Or Francis, Alfred, Matthew, and Arthur. They were all very different and usually didn't get alone very well. But they did love each other... most of the time. 

Here's usually a normal day with the FACE family. 

Francis, who is usually thought of has the father, usually ends up waking Arthur, who's probably the mother, up. Most of the time he gets made since the Frenchman can never just wake the Englishman up with a simple push. Just this morning the Brit was woken up by the Frenchie jumping up and down on him. The children, Alfred and Matthew, were left to wake up on their own. 

Francis is the one who cooks for everyone. Alfred and Matthew mostly make one thing, and no one wanted to eat Arthur's cooking. Francis always had to make sure their life insurince was up to date before anyone dared to eat it. Tell the Brit that though and he'd get mad. 

So after breakfast everyone usually is left to do whatever it is they want. Though oddly enough they stay together half the time, just doing random things. 

Just today they did this. They were sitting in the living room. Alfred was sitting in a chair too caught up in his video game to even think about what the others were doing. Francis was trying to fix a tear in his shirt that he got after waking Arthur up early that day. Matthew was watching the T.V, hugging his polar bear tightly. Arthur was sitting on the couch, sipping his tea and reading a book. It was quiet peaceful... until Alfred got bored and wanted to mess with his brother, who he hadn't noticed was there until he looked up from his game. 

The American got out a notebook, carefully tearing a piece of paper out of it. He wrote something on it, crumbled it up, and threw it at Matthew. The Canadian read what his brother had wrote, giving him a large glare. Of course, Al couldn't just settle for one. So he kept them coming until Matthew had enough. He stood up and started to run after his brother who had already taken off. Francis ended up running after them. The house was filled with laughter and much yelling. 

It all ended when Arthur slammed his book shut and make the three stop in their tracks, looking at him. 

"Can't you all just give me one day of peace?!" he snapped at them, storming off to his room, still holding his cup in his hand. That made the three he left downstairs laugh, knowing the Brit couldn't leave his tea behind, but could leave his book. 

Who wouldn't want to be a part of this family? 

....I think a lot of people really.