Dear Dairy (Part Two) (Short Story)

Dear Dairy, 

Today Big Sister Velvet asked me if I would ever become a country like she is trying to be. Big Brother Emil was watching me and he just looked at me waiting for an answer. Thank goodness Big Brother Berwald walked in and quickly made the subject forgotten. I don't like to think about it. 

I want to be a country, I really do. But I've seen how other nations like Mr. Arthur treats people in their family if they become independent. I'm scared if I become a big nation that Big Brothers Mathias, Lukas, Berwald, Tino, and Emil will turn me away. That they will just forget about me. I'm not really any of their sister. So why should they keep me around if they don't have to take care of me? Sure they stay with each other, but that's because Lukas and Emil are really brothers. Same with Mathias and Berwald. Tino and Berwald are married and Lukas and Mathias are dating. Emil is there because Lukas, and even Velvet, are there so he's got a spot. Even thinking of the other member of the Nordic Girls, Isabelle, she's got a place there too. She's Berwald and Tino's little girl. No one would turn her away. 

So what's keeping me here? What if when I grow up and they forget about me? No one's really keeping me here. What if they kick me out of the Nordics because they see this? I'm no one's real little sister. And I'm not dating anyone. Most people don't even know me anyway. I'm going to be forgotten just like other nations! 

With yours forever alone, 

Johanna Kohler (Or whatever my real last name is) 

Book of Random ThoughtsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara