Protection (Short Story)

Toris had his eyes closed tightly has the bullies kept hitting him in the back. He was hugging Raivis tightly since the young boy was the one they were going after. Yet his older brother couldn't let that happen. Eduard was being held back from helping them by two of the bullies. Not like he could do much anyway. He wasn't much of a fighter. None of the brothers were which was way they were such easy targets for the other boys to beat them up. 

"Hey!" everyone heard a female voice speak up. Eduard, Raivis, and Toris looked up to see their sister standing there with her arms crossed, glaring at the abusers. "Leave my brothers alone." 

"Or what?" one of them asked snickering. He walked over to Dika and put a hand on her shoulder. "You gonna cry us a river." In one moment the guy was standing there, the next he was on the ground thanks to the Alaskan. 

"In case you don't understand," she said, looking at the other members of the group, "when I say leave my brothers alone, I mean leave them alone. Or else you all are going to get beat up ten times has worse than what you did to them. Got it?" 

The group gave a lot of quick nods before running off, leaving the Baltics on the ground next to each other. The three looked up to see their sister holding a gloved hand out to help them. She had a small smile on her face has she helped each of them up, carrying Raivis instead. 

"You guys alright?" she asked, looking Toris over. 

"Fine now that you are here," Raivis answered. 

"No one wants to mess with us when your around it seems," Eduard spoke up. 

"I wonder way," Toris chuckled since he only had a bruise or two. His clothes took most of the blows. "You just flipped a guy that was heavier than you without any trouble." 

"Hey, he had it coming!" Dika told them with a grin. "He was hurting my family and than he had the nerve to touch me! But now they won't mess with my trembling, weak bros anymore!" 

"Hey!" the other three cried, hugging the Alaskan tightly has they made their way home. Siblings always protect each others, even when your protection comes for your sister.