History (Short Story)

Gaia sat in her room, sighing has she looked down at the text book in her hand. She had taken it from Luna since she was wondering what today's school was teaching children about history. She opened up to the first chapter, a small smile on her face. It was about her older children like Romulus and Forkert. She enjoyed reading about them, even if a few things were off. 

Has she read, she laughed at a few events she remembered that was very funny to her. Yet for most of the time, Gaia was sad and had tears in her eyes. She remembered how upset her little Feli was when Romulus and William died. She remembered how scared Gilbert was when his country was falling apart and he couldn't do a thing to stop it. She remembered how much Sadiq wanted a child when he took Romano and how willing he was to give him back but at the same time how heart broken he was. She remembered her little Arthur's long road of heart break after Alfred stood on his own two feet and became his own country. She remembered the world wars all too well. 

She put the book up, hugging her knees tightly, letting her tears come out. She couldn't get all the bad things out of her head has she kept thinking about the book. 

"History sucks," she mumbled to herself, wishing she didn't have to remember all the terrible history her children have went through.