Why Big Brother? (Short Story)

"Big Brother Emil!" Johanna cried happily when she saw him walk past. She ran over and hugged him tightly, giggling up at him. 

"Hi Johanna," Emil chuckled, hugging the little girl back. "What are you doing?" 

"I was playing, but than I saw you and wanted to spend time with you! That is... if you want to." 

"Why wouldn't I want to spend time with the best little sister in the whole world?" he asked her. "Besides, I was just going to hide from Lukas. He's been a little more annoying lately. Don't see why he wants to spend time with me...." 

"Because he loves you?" Johanna asked. "Big Brother Lukas does loves you. I know he does. Whenever he's around, he sometimes brags to Big Brother Mathias about you. He misses when you used to hang onto him like I do!" 

"He does?" Emil asked. 

"Yep!" 

"Well... that still doesn't mean he should annoy me!" 

"Emil?" Johanna asked, looking up at him with her big blue eyes. "Why don't you like spending time with Lukas? What did he do to make you hate him?" 

"You think I hate him?!" Emil asked quickly, staring at his sister. "I don't hate him! I just.... ugh, Jonnie, I'll tell you when you're older." 

"Okay," Johanna said, taking her big brother's hand. "Can we go play with your birdie? It's fun watching you two together!" 

"Sure thing kiddo. I'll even let you pet him this time." 

"Yay!"