This is War(Final)- Dean Winchester

Start from the beginning

"Hey Sammy. Nice suit. Where's the bride?" Dean asked, engulfing his brother in a hug.

"She's in the dining hall, mingling. Had to walk out for some fresh air. Who's she?" Sam smiled over at you as he and his brother pulled away from their hug.

"This is (Y/N)," Dean flashed a smile, wrapping an arm around your waist, "My girlfriend."

"You're (Y/N)? Dean's told me so much about you," Sam smiled sweetly.

"Really?" You raised a brow, wondering what Dean has told him.

"Don't worry, they've all been good things," Sam assured, "How about you guys come with me to the dinner so you can meet Jess? She'll be so excited to meet you."

"Sure. I just gotta bring our bags to our room and then I'll come with you," Dean told him.

"What bags?" Sam raised a brow. You and Dean both turned around to see that the bellhop has already taken away your bags.

"Well then," Dean sighed, "I guess we can go with you now then."

"Great," Sam grinned and turned around, leading you all down the hall. Music, the sounds of clinking champagne glasses and muffled voices  came from the end of the hall.

As you walked into the dining hall, you were quickly greeted by tons of strangers. Sam had led up to the table where a woman who had an elegant beige dress on and wavy blond hair had been sitting along with some others.

"Hey everyone, this is my brother Dean and his girlfriend (Y/N)," Sam introduced. "Dean, (Y/N), this is my fiancé Jess and her parents Mr. and Mrs. Moore."

"Nice to meet you," you waved at them all with a smile. Moore...that last name sounded familiar.

"The pleasure is ours," Mrs. Moore returned a smile, "And call me Lauren. You can call my husband Jim. We're practically all family here."

"Alright Lauren," you nodded with a smile. Dean pulled out your chair for you and you sat down.

"So how did you and Dean meet?" George asked as Dean sat down beside you, fixing his tie.

"We met at a local garden," Dean suddenly spoke, sounding a bit unsure. As he wrapped his arm around your shoulders, he continued, "Yeah cause you know, I write books about gardens so I wanted to go to one to take pictures and there she was, tending to the plants."

"Right," you tried to go along and smiled, "We kind of butted heads a bit at first though. He accidentally stepped on my plants and I yelled at him. But then he offered to clean up the mess and we kind of bonded from there."

"So you're a gardener?" Lauren asked.

"Well it's a hobby," you lied, knowing you hated gardening. Actually, you hated just being outside in general.

"Yeah, (Y/N) here is actually a flight attendant. That's why I'm always traveling because she gets me free tickets to wherever she's headed for work," Dean added. Airplanes and gardens. Nice.

"How quaint," a man smiled as he sat down. You studied him for a while, he seemed familiar.

"Azazel. You're right on time. This is Sam's brother Dean and his girlfriend (Y/N)," Jess introduced. You narrowed your eyes, trying to pin down who this guy was, knowing you've seen him before. "Guys, this is my uncle, Azazel Moore."

Then, it finally clicked. You subtly kicked Dean under the table, trying to get his attention. "Ow," he muttered, "what was that for?"

"Nice to meet you Azazel. Dean and I actually have to go talk in private. We'll be back," you faked a smile and stood up, gesturing for Dean to follow.

Though he was confused, he complied and stood up, following you across the ballroom where the bar was. "Why'd you do all that?"

"I know that guy," you admitted.

"You do?" Dean raised a brow.

"Yeah I wasn't sure at first but I remember he was guarding one of my targets from an old mission I had," you explained, "This guy kills assassins Dean."

"Well don't worry, it's not like he knows who we are," Dean shrugged.

"You sure about that?" You pointed to Azazel, who seemed to be eyeing both you and Dean from afar.

"Okay maybe he does. But he wouldn't try to kill us during a rehearsal dinner. Too many witnesses."

"Still, I say we keep on our toes," you warned.

"Whatever," he rolled his eyes and raised a glass to his lips.

You quickly yanked the glass cup from his hand, "He could've poisoned that you idiot."

"He's all the way over there!"

~Time Skip~

The next day, after the wedding, the reception was held. You sat beside Dean, who had been nervously practicing his speech. "Are you sure it sounds fine?" He asked.

"Yeah sounds perfect," you nodded, narrowing your eyes at Azazel, who was sitting down, chatting with the rest of the family.

"You're not even listening," Dean sighed.

"Sure I am," you turned to face him, staring at his apple green eyes, "Don't worry so much. You'll do great."

"I hope so," he inhaled nervously, and brought a fork to his champagne glass. He tapped it a little too hard, causing the glass to break. Champagne spilled all over the white table cloth and everyone gasped in shock.

Dean laughed nervously, "Heh...sorry. Well uh, while someone gets this cleaned up, I have a few words to say about the groom and his beautiful bride."

You smirked slightly as you grabbed some tissues and helped one of the waiters clean up the mess.

"Sam has always been the sensitive one of the family. He has this genuine care for people that's practically contagious. I've always had high hopes for him, he was such an achiever. When I found out he was going to marry such a beautiful girl, to be honest I was kind of jealous," Dean laughed, causing the audience to laugh as well, "Basically, I'm glad to say, I'm proud to have a little brother like Sammy. And I wish the best for him and his wife Jessica."

Everyone clapped and so did you as Dean sat back down. "Wow, I didn't know you were so down to earth Dean," you grinned.

"Oh shush," Dean rolled his eyes, "I try my best."

~Time Skip~

"I had a great time here, really," you smiled as you packed the last of your clothes into your suitcase.

"Me too," Dean smiled back, "Thank you for doing me this favor. I owe you one."

"No problem. It was nice seeing who you really are when you're not planning your next kill," you joked.

Dean chuckled, zipping up his suitcase. He glanced up at you and his smile faded.

"What's wrong?" You furrowed your eyebrows.

"Your chest," Dean pointed nervously at the red dot aimed at the center of your chest.

You slowly looked down at it, then out the window, to see where it was coming from. Across the street, in the roof of a building, was Azazel, aiming his sniper right at you.

"Don't move," Dean muttered quietly, slowly walking toward you.

Your eyes were wide and your heart was racing. The only thing you managed to say, in a low whisper was, "Dean I-"

And without warning, a bullet zipped through your chest, catching you by surprise. "(Y/N)!" Dean yelled out, catching you in his arms before you fell to the ground.