Let Them Win

Beginne am Anfang

"Yeah well, what you going to do?" Travis shrugged.

Chris looked at them both. "I'm going to get my money back."

~~~~

Chris was beginning to regret his decision. He stood out side La Rue's Dojo staring at the sign unsure if he should go through with this.

Finally he took a breath and walked in.

"Sorry we're actually closed right now, I just left the door open because it's hot. Could you come back in an hour?" Asked a pretty woman behind the dressed in pink.

"I'm looking for Clarisse," Chris stated.

The woman smiled and sprung up. "Why? Are you her boyfriend? I'm her mother, Aphrodite. Now... are you finally here to take her out of this place? So she can become a proper lady?"

"No. I just wanted to ask-"

"I'll go get her!" The woman ran up some stairs out of sight before Chris could finish.

"Don't mind my sister in law," said black haired woman coming down the stairs. "I'm Bellona. May I ask what you would like with my niece?"

"Just to ask her a question."

"I'm not going on any date mom!" Yelled a voice.

"Don't go down there looking like that!" Yelled another.

"Shut up Drew!"

"My Little Warrior is not going anywhere," growled another.

"What's with all the yelling?"

More shouting continues as feet come down the stairs. First comes Clarisse's mother followed by an Asian girl with a lot of make up who looks Chris over. Behind them is Clarisse and two other girls and finally Ares La Rue himself.

Chris couldn't keep himself from shivering when a chill ran up his spine. He was an idiot to come here. He knew the rumors about Ares La Rue.

"Oh it's you," Clarisse said.

Chris nodded. "I want my wallet."

"Nice handiwork there," Ares said clapping Clarisse on the shoulder while looking at the bruise on Chris's face.

"You were out fighting again?" Aphrodite said to Clarrise before turning to one of the other girls. "Hylla! You told me took Reyna and Clarisse out for a girls night!"

"And I wasn't invited?" Growled the Asian girl.

"Why would I invite you anywhere Drew?" Clarisse said.

"We did have a girls night." Hylla answered her aunt. "Right Reyna?" She said nudging her sister.

"We just made a pit stop," Reyna answers.

The family begins to bicker.

"I want my wallet," Chris said again. He said it over the voices. Clarisse glared at her family whom retreated reluctantly.

Once they were gone Clarisse turned to him. She muttered something but Chris shouldn't catch it. Then she spoke aloud. "I'm not giving it back."

"What can I do to get it back from you?"

Clarisse paused. "One month. You can train here for one moth free. And after a month if you win a fight against me. You can have your wallet back."

Chris smiled. "My wallet and a date."

"No."

"Yes!"

"Shut up mom!"

Chris smirked. And Clarisse rolled her eyes back stuck out her hand. "Fine."

Chris shook it. "Can I uh, at least have my license and credit card?"

~~~~

Training at La Rue's was brutal. That's what Chris learned after a month.

He walked onto the mat where Clarisse stood her family sat in their seats watching.

She looked at him and muttered something. Then the fight started.

~~~~

"Where we going?"

"There's a boxing match tonight," Chris answered.

"Nice."

Chris nodded and started the car. And for a while they drove in silence. Then she muttered something quietly and for once Chris caught it.

"A La Rue never loses. But now and then, a La Rue might let them win."